cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to new broadband supplier

daviddoc
Grafter

Changing to new broadband supplier

My contract finishes at the end of November.Due to the fact I cannot get through on the phone due to very long waiting times to discuss renewing my contract I have decided to go with SSE.

I have been with PlusNet a long time but getting in touch has not improved at all.

I got a good deal at £28 month Unlimited fibre Plus on a 18 month contract with the option to cancel within 60days if not happy.

The Broadband I have had from PlusNet has been good but getting in touch not so.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Changing to new broadband supplier

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @daviddoc

Thank for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've struggled to get through to my colleagues to renew your contract.

Could I just double-check that you were dialling 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 as a direct contact for our Customer Options Team? They rarely have a queue and any queue is usually a few minutes or less.

If you have already transferred, I would probably still put a call into one of the above numbers to ensure that your account is cancelled correctly so that you don't incur any further charges, should your new provider not do this on your behalf.

If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes

Dave

daviddoc
Grafter

Hi thanks for reply.I am in the early stages of moving at the moment so may may call the numbers you gave me.I called two numbers I got under The thinking of leaving us title.One number was 50mins waiting and the other 40mins.
Why do we as existing customers always have this battle to get a good deal everytime our contracts come to a end.Plusnet seems more interested in new customers instead of existing ones.I have been with you since 2008 and have to go through everytime.I give it some thought but may go ahead with the move.
Thanks again.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I hope SSE are better now than when I was with them a few years back. They use Daisy for their backhaul and never had enough of it. The router is good though, it has seen me through 2 BT contracts and am using it now Smiley In fact, I bought a new one off the bay, just in case this one packs up!

Mark