cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Censored] service, still no phoneline & rude staff! Can somebody help me?

HadEnough1

[Censored] service, still no phoneline & rude staff! Can somebody help me?

In short moved house start of June, renting for six months as moving abroad and Plusnet seemed to offer a great 6 month package - WRONG!!!!
Finally got internet at the start of July - but still no phone line! The number they gave us does not connect and the old BT number is still connected. Had numerous emails and texts to say looking into it/it has been fixed, but it has not. Plusnet finally admitted last week that they still do not have a phone line coming in here and it is a BT line.
Customer services have been useless - never speak to the same person twice and they do not keep accurate records of conversations. They say they will call back but never do. When I call them I am on hold for ages before I get through and from a mobile that gets pretty pricey.
I am banging my head against a wall.
To rub salt into the wound they are charging me £11 a month for a service I do not even have and when I threatened to withhold the direct debit they said that I would be classed as a bad payer, referred to their debt department and my credit rating would be affected.
My options are:
Close the account - but I still need broadband and am worried that if I cancel the non-existent phone line then they will screw up my internet connection as well
Contact Ofcom - they will be able to advise
Go elsewhere, but when you only need a 6 month package (well 4.5 months now) the options are pretty limited
Has anybody else had any similar problems?
Dick:green Title tidied up.
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: [Censored] service, still no phoneline & rude staff! Can somebody help me?

HadEnough1,
I'm sorry to read about the problems you've been experiencing here. I've read all the notes about this on the account.
Please do let me know if you decide not to cancel as I'd like to take ownership of making sure we provide your phone service on the desired number as quickly as humanly possible.
To rub salt into the wound they are charging me £11 a month for a service I do not even have and when I threatened to withhold the direct debit they said that I would be classed as a bad payer, referred to their debt department and my credit rating would be affected.

Just to mention our billing still happens automatically and we always make sure customers are credited for any lack of service they've paid for after any issues with it have been resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HadEnough1

Hi Adam,
I was just checking to see if anybody had any nuggets of advice on this before I called to cancel the account and I am slightly encouraged to read your response.
I do not want to cancel my account as my circumstances mean that my alternatives are limited, so yes please I would like it if you would take sole ownership of my case - I do not want to be passed around the houses like I have been before and I do want to have a phone line and broadband.
You have my mobile number on my account and so please do get all this sorted as soon as possible.
Please can I ask for regular updates and please can I have a phone line and my account credited for what I have paid for but not received?
Many thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
That's fine I'll take care of this for you and will make sure you're kept up to date on a daily basis.
With regards to crediting you I'll have to leave that until after the issues fully sorted but I will make sure that is done for you.
I'm going to check the back history of your account and decide what needs to be done next, I'll be in touch before the end of the day....
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HadEnough1

Great, I will look forward to finally getting somewhere.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI I've sent you a PM as there's a couple of things I need to confirm.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HadEnough1

Hi Adam, Sorry to appear a bit dim on this - but what do you mean by a PM? I assume it is a personal message but have checked in Help Assistant in help and Support and there is nothing there. If you could please point me in the right direction I would be very happy to respond.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No, I mean a private message on this site, check the link called "my messages" which is near the top of the screen.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HadEnough1

Hi Adam, No message in 'my messages', but it has come through on my personal email account and I have replied on that - the reply email address was community@plus.net
Please let me know if this email has not arrived.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Replies to that address don't come through to anyone. Please bear with me and I'll give you a call soon that's probably the easiest way to check with you what I need to...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@HadEnough1
If things are not sorted quickly I think it may be worth you looking at http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/home-phone-broadband/home-phone. BT isn't an option for you because of the contract length, I've seen posts from plenty of people who use the Post Office for the phone and Plusnet for broadband.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HadEnough1

Hi Jelv,
That is good advice - thank you. I have still not had a call from Adam so will keep your advice very much in mind.
Many thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HadEnough1,
I've been talking to one of our provisioning leaders called Robert and they are taking ownership of this so we can get this resolved for you. Adam isn't in today, so if you need me to pass any other information onto him, other than what's in your tickets, then don't hesitate to get back to me.
Jojo Smiley