cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogue of errors - is there any reason to stay with plusnet?

mioki

Catalogue of errors - is there any reason to stay with plusnet?

Haven't got time for a big long 'why my ISP is useless' rant (no-one ever reads them anyway) so I will summarise:
-phone number wrongly transcribed by person taking call;
- misleading "your order is progressing well"-type messages when in fact the wrong number was still being used;
-'My Questions' messages left by me giving the correct phone number were not acknowledged for three days;
- Correct number belatedly acknowledged by email and phone, email says we're activated 'now', person on phone says 24-48 hours;
-Ring up 96 hours later and told it was actually taking another five working days to activate;
- Ring up after those five working days had passed to find they were still using the WRONG BLOODY NUMBER;
-Get a mesage that it will be another five working days wait!

So we now have an activation date of 17 (seventeen) days after the order was placed, and I'm still not confident that it's going to be done correctly.
Is there any reason why I should not phone up tomorrow morning to cancel the order?Huh
5 REPLIES 5
techguy
Grafter

Re: Catalogue of errors - is there any reason to stay with plusnet?

Give 'em time
Posting here is a very good idea.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mioki,
I'm sorry about all the hassle. I'm just taking a look at the account and will post back with more information shortly.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, I have had a look - yes, you're correct in that the phone number was incorrect. This was picked up but unfortunately the provisioning team (at the time) placed the order anyway.
Provisioning has now moved away from that team and the agent dealing with your new order (I think this is the guy that you spoke to) has definitely got the right end of the stick - we have got it right this time, I promise you.
I can understand your frustration for sure, and can only ask that you give us a chance to prove we do know what we're doing.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you,
Regards,
Matt
mioki

Assuming you are unable to 'fast track' our activation then please just check that we will be billed from the real activation date and not either of the two unsuccessful attempts.
I've no real complaint about the initial mistake, although perhaps operators could/should verbally confirm phone numbers before placing the order? However I'm still mystified that even after someone belatedly read my messages on the support centre, and spoke to my wife and confirmed the correct number, somehow the wrong one was still being used.
Also I received several messages from MN in Customer Support along the lines of:
"Dear Mr XXX,This is to confirm your order is progressing fine. It is due for completion on: 15/10/2008"
"Dear Mr XXX,Your order has now completed and all details have been updated. You should now be able to connect." (16/10/2008)
Were these sent prematurely in order to 'close' a question quickly and improve performance monitoring statistics?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

At present you are still paying subscription as the account is active, however I can confirm that when the order completes you will be refunded from the date the service was cut off at your old address to the date the service goes active at the new one.
To answer your question regarding ticket responses, that was due to the order showing as complete on our systems on the old line and this being reported to you as the order being complete - further results of the initial confusion.
I'm sorry about all the hassle, I hope that helps.