Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled fibre order with new home

markbaguley
Dabbler

Cancelled fibre order with new home

Hi,
I've recently moved into a new house and had started the fibre broadband and phone order with plenty of time to spare (15th April for move in date if the 2nd of May). As I was moving into a new house I called Plusnet to make sure I should order the package before I actually moved in as the current owners were still living there at the time. I was told that was fine as they would organise a line takeover. I ordered my service and after that didn't hear much from Plusnet but the order was progressing on my account so thought everything was fine.
When I moved in I expected an engineer visit on the 2nd of May but no one turned up. I called Plusnet to ask why and was informed that my order had been cancelled by openreach because the line had ceased...
This is exactly what was afraid would happen and why I called and checked before ordering the service. How can Plusnet not think that informing me that the order was cancelled and actually doing something about it would be a good idea in the circumstances??
Now I face a possible two week wait for an engineer to get Internet service. This is extremely annoying especially as the area I live in does not have 3g mobile data reception. So many things are done through the internet now and not having access is inconvinient to say the least.
Obviously I have asked for a refund of what I've paid so far for a service I cannot use but I think something more should be done as a gesture of goodwill.
3 REPLIES 3
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Cancelled fibre order with new home

something for you to arrange with the previous owners I think  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Mardler
Rising Star

Nothing to do with previous owners but all to do with bad advice from PN.
Anyway - why no response from PN on this?
Looking at the growing complaint list it seems as though the once excellent service from PN is a thing of the past.
C'mon, PN, answer the OP!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi markbaguley,
I'm really sorry for the issue that you've experienced with the cancelled Fibre Order. I can see that my colleague Aaron has got this in hand for you.
Please let us know if you have any further issues and we'll do everything we can to help.