cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't i speak to ONE PERSON from the support team!!!

riemanrez
Grafter

Can't i speak to ONE PERSON from the support team!!!

Am i the only one who has noticed that if you ask a question to the support team that requires some sort of further info rather than a straight answer, you end up going round in circles? It's driving me mad. I raised a ticket about low speeds some time ago, and after a few exchanges of information (with different people each time), i was asked to use the fault checker. Unfortunately this makes a new question rather than adding to the old one, so i reported back with the results to my original question. The next person who answered was very nice and asked if i had any previous speedtest results, (regardless of the fact that i put these in my original question), so i replied with these. Then the next person who replied asked me to take a test with the fualt checker. UH HELLO??? What do you think i just did? Doesn't anybody bother to read what people have said before them??? Angry Angry Angry
18 REPLIES 18
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Can't i speak to ONE PERSON from the support team!!!

Once upon a time, PlusNet was good.
They didn't get many tickets and those they got were read properly and dealt with promptly - well mostly!
Then PN got delusions of grandeur - even got themselves a foreign call centre!
Now they get lots of tickets.
They've got so many, they just read the last few lines and send a rushed reply.
So the ticket comes straight back, increasing the volume and decreasing turn-round yet further.
End result: Customer leaves.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Lurker
Grafter

And takes all his referrals with him...
[me=James_G]gets another mac today methinks - its been a few days since I got my last one...[/me]
godsell4
Rising Star

Yes, this is a serious issue, it is clear some, maybe even a small minority, of CSC staff read the last reply or two only.
I also think there should be some kind of trap for tickets open for 3 weeks or more, if an issue is open for that length of time, something is awry and needs to be escalated or dealt with by some other means.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think there should be some kind of trap for tickets open for 3 weeks or more, if an issue is open for that length of time, something is awry and needs to be escalated or dealt with by some other means.

Great idea, that would give the customer some confidence that their problem has been escalated, but also give PN management visibility of those CS agents who consistently fail to resolve problems in a satisfactory manner.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Average closure time                Target closure time
2 days, 52 minutes and 44 seconds 4 hours

You'd think that would already give PN management visibility of those CS agents who consistently fail to resolve problems in a satisfactory manner!!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

@riemanrez, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't satisfactory. Agents are advised to check recent ticket history when answering any tickets, to pick up on recurring issues, but it looks like this didn't happen in your case.
@godsell, we do report on the oldest tickets, and they are usually escalated to senior agents.
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: Mand
Agents are advised to check recent ticket history when answering any tickets, to pick up on recurring issues, but it looks like this didn't happen in your case.

Isn't that the problem?  Smiley

Mand
Grafter

Re:Can"t i speak to ONE PERSON from the support team!!!

Recent ticket history on a customers account is the last 10 tickets raised, usually that's more than enough to get a picture of what's happening.
VileReynard
Hero

Sorry - I thought you were saying that agents are encouraged to only look at the recent history of the current ticket.  Embarrassed

Mand
Grafter

That would be silly, and certainly never something I would suggest. Wink
On a serious note though, we do encourage agents to check back on other tickets raised, and we do score against obvious cases where this doesn't happen when we do QOS scoring.
riemanrez
Grafter

ok i guess my previous problem could have been caused by ambiguity on my part, but this just takes the ****
Your comment 12:33am, Sunday 29th November 2009
Dear Mrs Christine Rieman,
We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem.
Interleaving is a form of error correction that helps to improve the stability of high-speed broadband. One drawback of interleaving is that it can increase ping times, which may cause problems for online gamers.
We think that turning on interleaving may help with your connection problems. Interleaving usually takes 24 hours to turn on, but can take up to 5 days to take effect.
If interleaving solves your problem, please close this Question. If you are still seeing problems with interleaving switched on, please return this Question to us with as much detail about your problem as possible. Thank you for your time and patience.
Kind regards
PlusNet Customer Support

Your comment 5:11pm, Tuesday 1st December 2009
thanks, but as i indicated above, my problems have now been fixed by the hardware changes. All that is required is that my IP profile be increased to reflect these changes. I absolutely do not want interleaving turned on, as this will increase my gaming pings and will probably have no effect now that i am achieving stable sync speeds of 8128 kbps. Could you please set interleaving to "OFF" (not "AUTO")
thanks

Your comment 12:34am, Wednesday 2nd December 2009
Dear Mrs Christine Rieman,
We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem.
Interleaving is a form of error correction that helps to improve the stability of high-speed broadband. One drawback of interleaving is that it can increase ping times, which may cause problems for online gamers.
We think that turning on interleaving may help with your connection problems. Interleaving usually takes 24 hours to turn on, but can take up to 5 days to take effect.
If interleaving solves your problem, please close this Question. If you are still seeing problems with interleaving switched on, please return this Question to us with as much detail about your problem as possible. Thank you for your time and patience.
Kind regards
PlusNet Customer Support

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

IDIOTS.
I'd just respond to the ticket in block capitals, simply "TURN INTERLEAVING OFF, thats OFF - O-F-F OFF"
Mark
Grafter

riemanrez
That level of support is unacceptable and for that I apologise.
I will address this internally as soon as I get in tomorrow morning.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@riemanrez,
Those ticket responses were automated messages that the system sends. The reason it's sending them more than once is due to a problem we have at the moment with the automated submission of interleaving orders.
I've responded to your ticket but have just checked BTw's systems and it looks to me like interleaving has been enabled on your line for months? Because of this I don't really want to place an order to remove it without your go ahead?
So, considering the fact that interleaving has been on for at least the last five weeks or so, do you still want me to remove it?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵