cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get through to home move department

mrsbee

Can't get through to home move department

Hello, I've been trying since last Thursday to get through to the home move department. The waiting time is so long, I've had to keep giving up.
Am trying to set up the moving process - am moving on the 23rd and I just can't get anywhere with it at all.
I would really appreciate someone getting in touch with me as I'm fast running out of time - I work from home some days so I really don't want a break in service.
Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Can't get through to home move department

If your phone is with Plusnet good luck with getting a simultaneous provide - by default they provide phone and then 5-7 days later you'll get the broadband. It can be done simultaneously but you'll need someone who really knows what they are doing as it's so easy for them to make mistakes.
It's starting to get a bit fine for making the arrangements so I suggest you ring and hold on no matter how long you have to hold for - make sure you insist on a simultaneous provide.
If your phone is not with Plusnet you need to contact the phone supplier first and you've a better chance of the simultaneous provide working.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mrsbee

Thanks for that - very helpful. Yes, we have phone with plusnet. That doesn't bode well, does it?
I am currently waiting in another queue. 20 minutes this time. I do think it's ridiculous, it's such a long time to achieve something so simple, apparently.
If anyone has any tips or advice as to how to avoid the pitfalls, that would be great. I suspect it's just a question of luck...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi mrsbee,
Apologies for the wait you've had on the phone. I'll get someone to pick this up and contact you.