cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even close my account! Sad!

angrychairr
Hooked

Can't even close my account! Sad!

I don't understand why it's so difficult... All I want to do is close my account and each occasion you give me a new excuse.

Maybe your IT support can help you with it if you're having technical difficulty?

And finally, I hope you accidentally pour too much coffee in your coffee.
35 REPLIES 35
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Can't even close my account! Sad!

Without being rude, this thread will get you no help from the community (or PlusNet staff) unless you provide a little more detail.

Why do you want to close your account? What 'excuses' have you been given? are just two which would be a start.

NOTE: I am not a PN representative, just a community member.

John
angrychairr
Hooked

You must really want a job at plusnet
jab1
Legend

No - I don't want a job at PlusNet, - or anywhere else for that matter - I a m merely pointing out that your original post doesn't have much chance of a constructive response.

As an aside, I have noticed that you are not  the only new poster to make this kind of 'request', and then spit out the dummy when people try to help.

John
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can give notice by writing to Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU.

I'd recommend you use Signed for.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anon
Pro

if he s/he has asked Pnet to close the account, why any need to give further details on here. Pnet know every poster if they have an account whatever ones alias is.

They just do not know what they are doing, simple as that.

jelv is right put it in writing and get the letter signed for, or you might find bailiffs on your doorstep.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
jab1
Legend

@Anon - the reason for MY initial post was to point out that if the OP wanted help, a little more detail would help other customers to offer constructive suggestions - and yes I agree PlusNet would probably have the information.

John
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Anon wrote:

if he s/he has asked Pnet to close the account, why any need to give further details on here. Pnet know every poster if they have an account whatever ones alias is.n your doorstep.

That is not necessarily correct as one does not need to include an account name when signing up and as the forums don't link to the the Plusnet systems there is no method of checking an account either

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Just to add to what Oldjim has said, we often see Plusnet staff members asking a poster to Private Message them their Plusnet account username.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi @angrychairr

To discuss cancellation cancellation I would advise calling us on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2).

If you do not remember your username or password we will be able to pass data protection on the account using your billing information, address and home phone number.

Alternatively if you would like to move your service to a new provider, all you need to do is contact your new provider to place an order. We should receive notification of this, produce a final bill and schedule your account for closure accordingly

I hope this helps.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anon
Pro

I just take staff member Chris seriously when in 2007 he said

"When you sign up this adds a component to your account internally that stores only the community site username. This is so the support staff and comms team can provide help without having to dig around to find out who you are Wink"

And I used a different user name at the time of change, which is he context of this remark.

Should learn staff never know or tell it right.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

To clarify, we can search our accounts database by your community forum username. Though, to be honest, most of time the forum username isn't linked to an actual account username.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

In 2007 the community forum was based on a different platform to the current one. In order to sign up to the community you had to be a customer and initial sign-up could only be performed from the customers home connection. This prevented troublemakers from making deliberately inaccurate or abusive posts behind the shield of anonimity. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

A lot has changed since 2007! As others have said, accounts are no longer required to be linked to the internal systems during signup on the community site.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
angrychairr
Hooked

@Anoush

4 calls, 3 online chats and a Facebook post hasn't resolved it. For four months somebody has been using internet paid for by me.

Why should I waste another 45 minutes of my life calling plusnet?