Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Match a plusnet deal?

FIXED
monk8
Hooked

Can't Match a plusnet deal?

Hey,

I phoned up about changing to Fibre Extra and found out if i go through compare the market or broadband choices, Plusnet fibre extra is £28.99 a month for 12 months with £0 activation fee.

Spoke to customer services and they said this can't be matched as it's not available from plusnet... but it is! The woman on the phone seemed to think i was lying. They would only offer it at £31.99 and a £25 activation fee.

I've attached a time and dated screenshot of this off on the plusnet website.

Why won't this be matched?Huh

Rather annoying as i'm now contemplating the hassle of switching

Any advice?

Sam

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Match a plusnet deal?

@monk8 - Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to simply upgrade your current package, then there's no activation fee as it's already active and the difference in price can't be that great, surely.

monk8
Hooked

It would be a lot easier, yes

It's more the principle of, why should i be paying more for the same product.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Fair point, there are other options of course Wink

monk8
Hooked

The other option worked well thanks Grin

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

So what did you get and how did you get it? Dave
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

probably the "options team", I think it is 3 when you ring, "I am thinking about leaving" option.
monk8
Hooked

I called up and asked if they would price match Vodafone's equivalent to Fibre Extra.. They kindly agreed!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Sam.

Apologies for the experience you've had initially. Unfortunately we can't always provide the new customer deals for existing customers. However, I'm glad to hear we matched Vodafone's deal for you and you're sticking with us. Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

This and other comments emphasises the constant struggle to get a good deal. Not only does "new customers only" raise my blood pressure but buying through Uswitch also costs PN a kick back to them.

A bit off the topic but I had a similar experience with my electricity supplier.  Asking for a better deal at the end of a contract because the quotes were ridiculous, they told me to take out a new contract via a deal "hidden" in Uswitch!  I despair....!!  Sad

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This subject has been debated long and hard by the SUs. The contract with its minimum term discount is the contract.

It is barking daft that users who have reached the end of the minimum term and fall into the standard tariff as per the contract ... and seek a new deal find it can be so challenging. Deals can be struck, but the deal might not be quite the same as a new-user enticement ... but can be quite close. As ever it’s a negotiation - do not give up at the first offer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

The best tactic is to go directly to the Customer Options Team to discuss a new deal and you can do this up to 3 months before the contract expires.