cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone check my ticket please

MikeyM
Grafter

Can someone check my ticket please

My ticket seems to be stuck as it says awaiting answer from you guys but yet says it will be closed if I don't respond.
The ticket number is 33190876
Appreciate any help.
Thanks...
15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can someone check my ticket please

Hi MikeyM,
It looks like the fault is already being dealt with on ticket 33198333 so you shouldn't need to worry if the ticket you mention closes. If there's information on there relevant to the fault then referencing that ticket in the fault ticket should be fine.
Hope that helps,
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've asked one of our faults guys to take a look at this for you.
MikeyM
Grafter

Thanks, the reason I have 2 tickets open is that the response to the first ticket was that I had to do the fault checker, which when done opened up a new ticket.
Mand
Grafter

They've both been answered now.
Ultimately we can request that the SNR is set to 6, but if this is raised again by DLM we won't have that option short of a full fault report to our supplier. If you carry out the checks and you still want this done give me a shout.
MikeyM
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Thanks for your attention.
I have done all the checks that have been asked of me of several occasions.
I have responded to the ticket.
The screen prints on the response from the team show that my connection is stable at approx 5db, with a sync rate of approx 3800, and that my target SNR on the DLM system is 12db.
This is the issue I have. I know my connection is fine at 5db, it was fine for 3 years with Sky at this level and it is fine just now when I force my Netgear router to set the SNR at 5db. My problem is, and always has been, that I want to use the router that you gave me and have the better wireless signal etc that it gives me but I cannot use it as it will set my Sync rate somewhere around 2200 and I will lose a lot of speed from my connection.
Can you not force my target SNR to be held at 6db?
If not can I send the Thomson router back to you leaving me the option of leaving plus net at no cost to me as the router is not giving me the service I know I can recieve.
Appreciate any help you can give me.
Mand
Grafter

We can request that the SNR is reset (to 6Db), but if the line is intermittent then this will be raised by the DLM, and we won't be able to get it reset again.
MikeyM
Grafter

Hold off on resetting the DLM as I see no real point, I know it will go back up to 12db as I have had it reset once before.
Can I send the router back and get the early termination charge for the router on my account for leaving before a year has elapsed ( if I choose to do so)removed?
MikeyM
Grafter

Looks like my ticket is stuck again, guess I am asking something which is not easily resolved both on here and on the ticket, needs someone to make a decision.
I need someone to agree to me sending back the router and have the early termination fee waived.
Can someone help please?
Mand
Grafter

Given the length of time you've had this I can't waive the cost unfortunately.
Regarding the SNR, if the line is stable for an extended period of time with an SNR of 12 this will reduce (DLM will do this) but as you're artificially forcing it down you're overriding the DLM system.
Not saying there's anything wrong with doing that, but you have the choice of permanently adjusting it that way, or letting DLM do it's thing.
MikeyM
Grafter

I am happy to force down the SNR as it seems like the only way I am going to get decent speed.
I raised the isse on the SNR as soon as I got my router and connection and got it reset then, then it happened the same as before , the SNR went up from 6 to 12.
I am not using the router and have only used it on the two occasions mentioned above, ie when the connection went live and then when I got the snr reset, both times I had to stop using it shortly afterwards as my speed shot downwards as the DLM took over.
I have had this issue since I went live, the tickets on my account will show this, sometimes life takes over and I do not always have the time to deal with outstanding issue, especially when  I had to in the end work out my own solution to the problem due to the fact that plus net could not help.
I feel that I am perfectly within my right to reject the router as it has never been any use to me and this is documented in the tickets I have submitted since my connection went live.
I do not want to turn this into a saga like some of the topics on here seem to turn into.
In the end I am happy with the connection I have at the moment and have no real reason to leave plusnet but object to having this charge on my account for the router when I have never used it nor will be using it going forward if I do choose to leave. I am not planning to leave at the moment but if I cannot send the router back then I will leave and take my chances in the courts over the cost of the router.
I see no real reason for you to refuse my request to have this returned and the charge removed. I do not want to take any legal action on this but it my case it is not fit for the purpose it was supplied to me so therefore I am within my rights to send it back to you. Would rather not go down that route though unless I have to, but I will, purely for the pirnciple rather than the cost.
Mand
Grafter

The question I would ask is why is the SNR forced up when you allow DLM to do it's thing.
It stands to reason that there's a fault or some less-than -stellar line conditions which make the line seem unstable at the default level and cause the raise.
Resolving this would make the Thomson 'fit for purpose' would it not?
MikeyM
Grafter

Just have to accept that I cannot do anything due to my length of line and the way the DLM works.
Mand
Grafter

The charge only applies if the fault is within your control, which is why we ask you to carry out all the checks.
Provided these have been done there will be nothing to justify a chargeable visit.
MikeyM
Grafter

Just have to accept that I cannot do anything due to my length of line and the way the DLM works.