cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone at plusnet take ownership of this

sassy62
Grafter

Can someone at plusnet take ownership of this

Or tell me I need to find another ISP...........
I was initially a plusnet customer, and a very happy one I have to say...I reluctantly had to leave plusnet as they (or anyone else) could match the £16.48 per month deal that Talktalk were offering...the closest they could get to it was around 33 odd quid...so I felt obliged to move on...
After three weeks of dropped connection (that's when we managed to get a connection at all) I had had enough  and cut my loses, tail between my legs I returned to plusnet..who in all fairness were fine about it and welcomed me back..with a few goodies thrown in...it should have been a reasonably straightforward transfer..I was told it could take up to 3 ish weeks....I think they meant months!!...its now mid Oct and still nothing is happening...I spoke to Talktalk tonight who have stated that no approach has been made to them by PN with regards to transferring back...they even denied that I rang them before my trial period was up to confirm cancellation
I dont believe this for one minute...but I am now more or less at the point where I think I am going to have to stick with Talktalk...and ride out their appaling service for the remained of the contract and then try and change over again
Good comms from plusnet, they had kept me informed of what is happening or rather what ISN'T happening...But this is now turning into a farce and it appears there is nothing that can be done...this has dragged on for so long there is also the possibility of having to lose our phone number...(not an option)
Strange thing...I have been receiving emails (even though I cant send any) on my old PN addy via outlook express..and the welcome page on the site has a message saying welcome to plusnet your order i being processed etc etc...
SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY WRONG HERE.........
AND I AM NOW GETTING SERIOUSLY FED UP WITH WAITING...I HOPE THERE IS SOMETHING MORE ON THE TABLE FROM PLUSNET AS RECOMPENSE FOR THIS...(even though it may not be their fault, they are a good company I have no doubts about that)
14 REPLIES 14
Mand
Grafter

Re: Can someone at plusnet take ownership of this

Hi there,
We have had a number or problems with number ports recently, particularly from TT.
Let me have a look at your account tomorrow and see what I can do.  Smiley
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks Mand I appreciate that
I know TT are giving you the runaround...when I rang PN the other day and mentioned I had a problem with a transfer the guy on the other end said...'are you with TT by any chance?'  Undecided
I really cant understand why you are letting them get away with it...oh and they are still telling people they own PN it seems...they said the same to me back in May!
You wouldnt think the countries 2nd biggest ISP would have to resort to such snidey tactics.......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi TPP,
I'll go and speak to Mand, I am still dealing with this and haven't abandoned you. Approval to transfer your phone number has not yet been approved actually seems to be the sticking point in this matter.
I will liase with Mand shortly and we'll get done what we can, have you considered a change of phone number or would this be too much of an inconvenience for you?
Sorry this has dragged on,
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

Hi Adam..
No the change of number just cant happen as I have old business contacts who contact me from when I was self employed...and I pass work on to people.
Putting TT's scandalous business practices aside I cant believe its been allowed to drag on this far...I was waiting patiently until TT told me that no contact from PN has ever been made and they thought I was under contract...apparently all I neded to do back in June/July was close my TT account and wait 20 odd days to resign with PN...
If you want to build a case against TT ask me and I will willingly help..
Also...I was told last Monday and Thursday to expect a phone call...????Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi TPP,
You can't have checked your voicemail then, I left a message about 90 minutes ago. Not to worry I'll try again now.
Your number port and transfer of service has been approved, more details are on the ticket  Smiley
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

Yeeee ha!... Cheesy
Cheers Adam...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm equally as excited (and in a strange sense of disbelief) good end to a Monday Smiley Grin Smiley
Dick:blue Excessive emoticons removed as per forum rules.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@TPP And Adam this Is for you!! 
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
sassy62
Grafter

-g
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

LOL,  ;D, I've got Queen on now and I'm punching the air  Grin errr back to work now...
TPP your order is still in progress, I'll raise the matching broadband order tomorrow and will give you a call with another update.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Did you see the name of the train to Adam? The miracle express Grin Very fitting for this thread as Is TPP Gary Glitter link Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No comment re Gary Glitter...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

It was the best I could find...and seemed fitting...is was either that, Chas n Dave..or Michael Bolton!!..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Chas n Dave
Now your talking.... Smiley
Anyway I'll get in touch over the next couple of days just to confirm what's happening with your order.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team