cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be billed on the same day for phone and broadband?

ritz
Grafter

Can I be billed on the same day for phone and broadband?

Hi,
- Why can PlusNet not invoice me for broadband and phone on the same date?
- And why can they not move my billing date to the 1st of the month. All my other suppliers (utilities, etc) have been able to do this upon my request. (Even PlusNet themselves did this for me few years back!)
Any comments, Adam?
Thanks
ritz.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can I be billed on the same day for phone and broadband?

Hi ritz,
The invoices are slightly offset for phone and broadband as it is usually the case that a phone service is activated before the broadband service. We do align the actual billing dates so that both are added to the same bill as separate line items. Let me know if they are not as that would be an issue.
In answer to your other question the simple answer is that our billing system does not cater for invoice date changes. We realise this is not ideal but it is something that needs to be imposed to allow us to bill correctly for our current set of products. Certain circumstances have allowed changes to billing dates in the past however changes to existing products and the introduction of new ones have led to changes to the way we bill you that don't cater for this at present I'm afraid.
I'm guessing you were asking as a matter of curiosity, let me know if you do have any specific concerns though.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ritz
Grafter

Adam,
Thanks for your thorough answer, as always.
The specific request I have, which led to my original posting, is this:
I signed up for phone upgrade (currently on Talk Evening & Weekends, moving to the NEW Talk Anytime). According to PlusNet the change will take effect on the first billing date after the 4th of January. For me this is the 24th Jan. I would like to receive the new package earlier (on 4 Jan when your product changes, or 5 Jan, it doesn't matter). Let me know if this is possible please while my billing remains aligned on the new date (i.e.: phone and broadband both billed on 4 Jan, or 5 Jan, or whatever).
Speaking of alignment of bills: it's been about 7.5 months since I joined PlusNet. The first few months my bills were not aligned. It's only the last couple of bills that I find my invoices are aligned. I do not know whether this indicates something wrong or not. I believe my billing has been correct though.
Thanks.
ritz
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi ritz,
Sorry its just not possible to do it before the actual billing date I'm afraid.
In my experience it can take 3 or 4 months at the longest for billing dates to align, we have seen a few take a bit longer than that so I'm not too concerned about that TBH.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team