Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0114 307 3836

mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Calls from 0114 307 3836

Had a call from this number yesterday - told the lady who asked for my details that I was not prepared to divulge my details to anyone on an unknown number. This was followed by a question on my account - no details on why the call was made. Received another call later but ignored it.

My wife answered a call at 14.37 today whilst I was out - again asking for my login details.

If I was calling plusnet I would expect them to confirm my identity but not if they were calling me from a number which is not listed on Plusnets website - I have now blocked the number and removed 'phone' from my contact preferences. Note I am listed on TPS.

Phoned plusnet and told them to tell Sheffield (who the calls were purported be from) to email me if the matter was important. 

Have been with plusnet for many years and have not been cold called up to now !!

Regards Mike

Anon
Pro

People have been reporting that Pnet have started cold calling many of it's customers, as you have read above, without any concern that they are asking for security details. It took them a long time to own up that it was them. Seems to be since they started with the mobile stuff, trying to drum up custom, but looking like spammers and treating their customers and their security details with disdain. And they call themselves award winning. I would give them an award, but the mods would remove it.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
monkeyballs2014

I have had a phone call this morning from this number... I'm currently on nights so my mother answered the call, they stated they was from plusnet and they said they will try ringing again at tea time... I have just spoken to Plusnet myself and they stated to me it couldn't have been a call from them, the only time they will contact you would be if there was a fault or your behind on your bills etc...  So It's best to be wary in these situations & never give out any personal information or security info...

I am speaking from experience when i used to be with Talk Talk years ago. I had a similar call to this, they stated they was from the company and I was gullible to believe them & I gave them remote access to my laptop and they literally locked me out of my own laptop and was threatening that if I didn't pay £250 I wouldn't gain access to my laptop until they got payment... In the end I had to completely reset the main BIOS on the laptop (being computer savvy, taking the laptop apart, removing the BIOS battery and replacing it) 

Fifer
Hooked

Had three calls from this number recently. the first two were missed, caught by the call blocker on my landline.  The third one i answered and the chap said he was calling from Plusnet, i asked him why he was calling me as my contact preference is for text and email.  He said he didn't know until he accessed my account. Prior to this i received a text regarding my contract ending  and i would receive a phone call in a few days to discuss this

So it would seem it is Plusnet calling and they don't appear to be taking much notice of how a customer wants to be contacted. I said if i wanted to discuss a new contract, i would phone them.

Anon
Pro

They had better not phone here or there will be real trouble.

cleandishee
Grafter

I just wanted to add a bit of troubling information I have found regarding these unannounced calls.

Plusnet appear to have invented a new category of call labelled "Service" calls.

It appears everyone has been opted into this new category and will receive a call to discuss new offers and contracts as their old one is close to expiring.

Despite this sounding very similar to marketing or sales type of calls, which we like many of you don't want and thought we opted out of, Plusnet feel very differently about this.

They only admitted to this category in the process of a complaint I have had to raise and despite me pointing to this forum thread and the incorrect info given on the other, (unticking the existing sales/marketing options will not stop this), they will not warn people in advance nor stop the practice.

This is in spite of the call appearing to be spam and people like ourselves assuming that the real Plusnet would not be contacting us in this way.

They seem to believe that the fact that I had to get the worrying contact and jump past much mis-information to get an admission of them doing this isn't important. They only seem to think that now they have removed us from this extra list after the issue has happened is more than enough.

I don't feel this way, so I will be confirming with the regulators if Plusnet has done something very questionable here.

I hoped to get them at the very least to admit to this on this thread and give a way of people to remove themselves from this new contact list, especially those with elderly or vulnerable relatives who may answer do not have to go though the confusion and worry this has brought us.

They haven't done this, so I feel I have to make this post instead.

So Anon, or anyone else who does not wish to get these type of calls, you will have to raise a complaint in order to get them to admit it and actually remove you from this new list.

I can't even recommend the customer service agents, as they seem to be as much in the dark about this as the rest of us.

I didn't wish to get involved in debates about the way Plusnet has slid in quality, but I had to post this to give practical advice about what this is and actually how to stop them, as Plusnet themselves don't seem to be willing to do so.

I hope this helps someone.

Cleandishee.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

I don't disagree with you but does PlusNet Call Protect offer a workable alternative strategy for blocking these calls?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with receiving service calls from us @cleandishee

I believe we've added your account to the DNC list to stop this from happening.

Your case handler of your complaint will reply to your ticket here in due course.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

You will need to add mine, too. If I get a call a loud whistle will blast their eardrums. I have not given you my phone number to have these sort of calls.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Anon wrote:

If I get a call ...

Have you actually received any calls from us?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cleandishee
Grafter

Anoush,

I am very much aware how to view my online tickets, perhaps the fact I have been communicating this way for the past month may have been a clue.

If you could prod the complaint handler to give me the final position letter, so I don't need to ask for it a 3rd time, this would be actually helpful.

Harry's response to Anon misses the point entirely.

He/She clearly does not wish to receive these calls, no matter what your sales department chooses to call them. He/she does not want to be in our position of having to make this request after they have already been disturbed by them.

I know 100% that I unticked every option available to me to advise you not to make cold calls to our number. This has not changed since and remains fully do not contact until this day, yet we were still put on this extra list and contacted anyway.

Please tell us Harry, how can your customers actually avoid being called in this way when you ignored their original "do not contact" wishes and did not advise them of this new category, nor give them a proper way to opt out?

If you really want to help, be open about this service call list. Tell us if it is true or not that everyone has been placed on this "Service Call" list by default and could get a cold call, irrespective of their other ticked contact preferences.

From what I have been informed, it is very likely Anon will have been defaulted onto this new contact list, so he/she is quite justified in making it clear they wish to be removed in the same way you have said I have been.

It would be much more helpful if you could offer a way here for people to request to come off this new service call list, which you should have done before starting this new cold calling process.

I am aware of the next steps I need to take in my own complaint thank - you.

I only wish to advise others so they can request their removal from this extra list so they too can avoid perhaps having an elderly resident worried by this type of call.

A customer could have many important reasons why they don't wish these types of calls, you have a responsibility to respect this.

Please try to offer a practical way to help those people, I cannot believe it is that difficult.

Cleandishee.

Anon
Pro

@HarryB wrote:

@Anon wrote:

If I get a call ...

Have you actually received any calls from us?

As this customer whose email was deleted said

Harry, I am very much aware how to view my online tickets, perhaps the fact I have been communicating this way for the past month may have been a clue. If you could prod the complaint handler to give me the final position letter, so I don't need to ask for it a 3rd time, this would be actually helpful. Your response to Anon misses the point entirely. He/She clearly does not wish to receive these calls, no matter what your sales department chooses to call them. He/she does not want to be in our position of having to make this request after they have already been disturbed by them. I know 100% that I unticked every option available to me to advise you not to make cold calls to our number. This has not changed since and remains fully do not contact until this day, yet we were still put on this extra list and contacted anyway. Please tell us Harry, how can your customers actually avoid being called in this way when you ignored their original "do not contact" wishes and did not advise them of this new category, nor give them a proper way to opt out? If you really want to help, be open about this service call list. Tell us if it is true or not that everyone has been placed on this "Service Call" list by default and could get a cold call, irrespective of their other ticked contact preferences. From what I have been informed, it is very likely Anon will have been defaulted onto this new contact list, so he/she is quite justified in making it clear they wish to be removed in the same way you have said I have been. It would be much more helpful if you could offer a way here for people to request to come off this new service call list, which you should have done before starting this new cold calling process. I am aware of the next steps I need to take in my own complaint thank - you. I only wish to advise others so they can request their removal from this extra list so they too can avoid perhaps having an elderly resident worried by this type of call. A customer could have many important reasons why they don't wish these types of calls, you have a responsibility to respect this. Please try to offer a practical way to help those people, I cannot believe it is that difficult. Cleandishee.

I am making a statement that from what you have said that the op was put on the list. I am not interested in if I have received a call, I am telling Pnet that they cannot and must NOT use my data in this way. It is not about respecting data IT IS THE LAW< I HAVE TOLD YOU WHAT YOU CANNOT DO WITH MY DATA< AND ANY BREACH OF THAT WILL BE SUITABLY PROSECUTED.

I will leave other customers to draw their own conclusions from your answer.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Since you had requested to be removed from a calling list, I was simply trying to determine if you had received a call and thus were actually on a calling list to be removed from Huh

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) .

@cleandishee I have released 4 of your posts from the spam filter.

If you wish to have any removed please give me the message numbers.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cleandishee
Grafter

Harry.

Why don't you look at the list that Anoush looked at earlier today to confirm I was no longer going to be contacted?

The one that isn't the "Marketing" or "Sales" contact lists, as I was assured I was never on those ones as per my original contact instructions.

You know - the "Service Call" list - The one that your complaint handlers told me I was shoved onto without notice and you are now assuring me I have now been removed from.

Take a look at that one and just see if Anon is on there.

Simple.

Cleandishee.