cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0114 307 3836

stribs
Grafter

Calls from 0114 307 3836

I have received two calls from 0114 307 3836 on my PlusNet supplied land line [last Thursday pm and Saturday pm] as I was not in the calls were not answered no message was left. I called the number from my mobile and received a message that a marketing company had phoned on behalf of PlusNet I rand off. A short while later a call came to my mobile it was blocked by an app [Mr Number] as a telemarketing spammer this call was from 0114 307 3836.all my phones are registered with the DMA on the TPS list. Are these calls from PLUSNET or a company working for them and if so why are they phoning numbers on the TPS list? If PlusNet have any thing they wish to ask then why not send an email and ask if it will be OK for someone to phone and when would it be the best time. Just phoning and not leaving a message is bad business practice and only likely to [-Censored-] customers off. both my mobile and land lines now block this number.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

132 REPLIES 132
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Calls from 0114 307 3836

@stribs

Unfortunately TPS registration only stops UK companies which you do not have a relationship with from contacting you. So as Plusnet is your provider, and you have not altered your marketing preferences in the member centre then Plusnet can call you.

Change your communications preferences at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
stribs
Grafter

That may be the case but getting someone else to ring and not leaving messages can only  be considered to be bad and not in the spirit of the rules. Just as a matter of interest why is the default set to "can call" without asking for this to be setup when a customer first moves the phone to PlusNet. If you are anything like BT it will make no difference it was just ignored.

stribs
Grafter

Re my comment above I checked how you can contact me and all the methods were unticked so you were not authorised  to phone or SMS etc. It would appear that you have ignored my settings and the TPS listing.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

And now you have a valid complaint. Wilful disregard for your wishes.

(I had assumed that the settings would be in Plusnet's favour as most companies use the "you must stop us" option not the better "we must ask")

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Just had a call from this number it belongs to Voice Marketing Ltd (on behalf of PlusNet) , who are owned by Captia.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

oscar2

I just received a call from someone using this number.  He said he was from Plusnet mobile, and as I had not long registered for this service - the guy sounded genuine.  He asked for security details and what service I wanted and then asked my for the same security details again?  It was then that I begun to get suspicious.  He then asked for my bank details, after which I hung up!  

My first thought was that this was a scam, and now I see this thread about them using another company that operate in an unprofessional manner.  I'm very disappointed with Plusnet!

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Since I had a fault ticket opened last week, getting a number of calls from this number.  Ticket and fault have been dealt with barring DLM sticking its oar in again.  Yet silent calls and answer messages, says you are taking the proverbial

It's Plusnet policy never to share your personal details with any other companies or individuals outside of the BT Group without your permission.

Yet you do

http://who-called.co.uk/Number/01143073836

Third comment on 20th Dec

Select below how you'd like to hear from us about our latest news and offers:

Select below how you'd like to hear from us about our latest news and offers:

https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions all options unselected

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Anon
Pro

PlusNet if this is a scam did you ought to be warning your customers. And if not just shows what you have sunk to, when people get unsolicited calls asking for security questions.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Jonpe
Hero

TPS registration does not apply to market research companies.  Could PN be using such a company to find out what you/we think of their service (in a slightly more scientific way than just reading this forum Smiley)?

Anon
Pro

If silent calls and asking security information is a way that PN operates they are worse than I thought and that was bad.

Most REPUTABLE companies will not cold call you and ask you to go through security. It invites fraud, it invites the scammers and creates an open door for PN's customers to give away vital security information top rogues and thieves.

Jonpe
Hero

I notice that banks now routinely put a warning on much of their correspondence reminding customers never to give security information to callers, or in response to emails.  Perhaps more companies should do that.

Anon
Pro

Shows what sort of company we are dealing with if they are allowing cold calls that ask for that information and even worse if they are not responsible, they refuse to come on and advice people NOT to give that information away.

Either way the silence from PN is deafening and sickening.

Anon
Pro

No denial and no advice to customers if they get such a call means PN DID IT.

eattheword
Grafter

They called me a couple of times today. Answered it this afternoon and they claimed to be from Plusnet. Asked if I had pre-registered for PNet mobile recently and that they were calling to get me signed up. I said I didn't understand why they were calling. Chap asked if I had already received the SIM. I said that I had (weeks ago) and I asked which company he was calling from. He said 'Plusnet'. I said 'who are you really?' He said, 'Plusnet'. He went on to say that the system might not have caught up with the fact that I already had an account. I said 'I don't believe you, goodbye' and hung up the phone.

Is this REALLY Plusnet calling? If so, why don't they know that I have had a mobile SIM for 4 weeks already? 

If they really are Pnet, then it's coming to something where you suspect a company you do business with of being telephone scammers.

What's a chap to do???