cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting times - suggestion

AndyH
Grafter

Call waiting times - suggestion

I am sure this has been suggested on here before, but I thought I might as well put it forward again.
Quite a few companies with long call waiting times have a ring back option so you do not have to wait in a queue. When you ring up and are told call times are lengthy, you're given an option to receive a call back (on a number of your choice) from the next available member of staff. Some companies are even able to give you a specific time window you can expect a call back.
This is something I always use when calling companies that can have lengthy call queues. It has the benefit of alleviating call waiting times during busy periods and it also means people will get less frustrating being stuck in a queue whilst on the phone.
17 REPLIES 17
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Call waiting times - suggestion

I voted yes
Then I can carry on doing what I have to, until I reach my place in the cue
My housing authority uses it & it is very good effective tool Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Voted yes it's something I always use when available
Although there is the option to put my cordless on speakerphone and just let it ring  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
TORPC
Grafter

Hi Peter I have done the same, (NOT with PN) but other firms, & on occasion, the battery would need re-charging, & before anyone suggests I read a certain recent thread in chitchat about phone charging, (I already have & that was for smart phones) 😛
However with both the old Eurotel & the new Gigaset Dect phones once replaced in the cradle for charging, they also close the call
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

NO because previously it has been stated Ring backs never happen ,  and the wait time would be longer
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
NO because previously it has been stated Ring backs never happen

But the ring backs are automatic and not controlled by the call centre staff.
Every automatic ring back service I've used in the past (Scottish Power probably being the most frequent) has worked without fail.
Empirical
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
NO because previously it has been stated Ring backs never happen ,  and the wait time would be longer

Thats not what is meant in this case. They are talking about a system that when you call it places you in the queue and maintains your position even after you hang up (after selecting the option). When you reach the front of the queue the system redials your phone and connects you to an agent.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I voted yes, but I wouldn't necessarily use it every time. Sometimes I stay on the line with the phone on speakerphone as I do with some other things.
There is a service called WeQ4U if anyone is interested. If you have inclusive minutes it doesn't cost you.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers Anotherone
Are the 0333 number free from on a Anytime call package on the landline, as they seem to claim ?Huh
Anotherone
Champion

According to this and in the call tariff guides where there are chargeable calls outside of packages 01, 02, 03 are listed together, and there are no 03 numbers listed here so that would seem to be the case. I'd certainly be demanding a refund if charged during inclusive call times.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers again Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

There's this as well, IIRC the exceptions are Dial-up ISP numbers and Indirect Access numbers with 0845/0870 codes.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers again Wink
How the cruela devil did I miss / forget about that  Embarrassed
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Anotherone

There is a service called WeQ4U if anyone is interested. If you have inclusive minutes it doesn't cost you.

They also have WeQ4U 4 Business. Which Plusnet should take a good look at
http://www.weq4u4business.co.uk/telephony.html
TORPC
Grafter

That would be great, however they wouldn't be able to claim the taxes back Tongue