cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call plan price increase... I only joined two weeks ago!

MyRomeo
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Call plan price increase... I only joined two weeks ago!

Hi,
So I switched to plusnet on July 15th and paid line rental for the year up front as well as signing up for the reduced rate broadband £2.50 per month. I also added caller ID.
I received an email last week saying that my call plan was increasing by 20%?! Is this really how you treat new customers? Get us to sign up, pay £000's up front and then hit us with a price hike?! This is extremely poor!
Is there any option to waver this increase? I signed up to one thing, surely you can't immediately hit me with a price hike!!
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Call plan price increase... I only joined two weeks ago!

Sorry about the timing of the price increases, we did add the information through the signup journey too so new customers would know of the upcoming changes however I think that was slightly after you signed up.
Once you receive the email you have 30 days to leave without early termination charges, however we still have some of most competitive prices so it'd be a shame if you were to leave so soon after joining.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Estragon
Rising Star

Thirty days to notify Plusnet they intend to leave, isn't it Chris  :)? Not to have gone.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, yes. 30 days to notify us once you've received the email, 14 days notice period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anon
Pro

But your |upfront Line Rental will not be refunded as PN maintain it is not a contract.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
MyRomeo
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the replies. I don't want to leave, I'm quite impressed with the service so far. I was just very disappointed to learn of an increase so early in.
if I could convince the wife to use her mobile for calls I wouldn't need the add on anyway!
rewardloyaltyno

if you think its bad for new customers just wait,
Just seen the price hikes coming next month.
and been approached by talk talk.
when I joined plusnet this was a non advertising Sheffield based customer focused and loyalty rewarding company.
and now.........a big disappointment.
interestingly my bank has opened a loyalty account-the longer you are with them the more you benefit- really hope this gets rolled out into business as a whole, its about time.
come on plusnet find your roots and do something innovative again !!!!
Freccle
Grafter

Quote from: Anon
But your |upfront Line Rental will not be refunded as PN maintain it is not a contract.

Yes that's how they got me to stay with them. I only paid it so that I could get the fibre broadband then found out it wasn't available but I was stuck with staying with them or losing over £120. I'm sure if it went to the ombudsman they'd have to refund it