cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call graph on customer support stats page useless?

rja
Grafter

Call graph on customer support stats page useless?

I've just been browsing the customer support stats page of the support site. It occurs to me that the graph of number of queued callers actually provides no useful information, especially as one can't assume that the number of call agents remains the same during the day.
Have you considered replacing it with a graph of "longest time in call queue" which is actually the statistic I think most people are interested in.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Call graph on customer support stats page useless?

Thanks for your feedback on that,
Is there any other such information you'd find more useful if we were to display that?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

It is actually useful.
I know, from looking at that graph, coupled with the longest call waiting now, when a good time for me to ring up with my fault would be.
I am guessing here that if I were to ring at 3:30am even though there would be less staff to answer the phone; that the average wait time would be somewhat reduced.
Maybe a combined graph showing no. of calls & average wait time during each period?
rja
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Thanks for your feedback on that,
Is there any other such information you'd find more useful if we were to display that?
Adam

Hi Adam
Yes. I think a graph of longest call waiting time would be better. As a caller that's what I care about - how long I'm going to be on hold. I think the graph of number of calls waiting is more useful to the call centre manager. So, I can look at the graph and see that if I call now, say, I'll be on hod for 20 mins whereas as 10pm say, I'll be on hold for only a minute or so.
rja
Grafter

Quote from: geofftswin
It is actually useful.
I know, from looking at that graph, coupled with the longest call waiting now, when a good time for me to ring up with my fault would be.
I am guessing here that if I were to ring at 3:30am even though there would be less staff to answer the phone; that the average wait time would be somewhat reduced.
Maybe a combined graph showing no. of calls & average wait time during each period?

That's my point. At the moment you're assuming based on the number of outstanding calls how long you'll be holding. You have to make assumptions about the number of staff answering calls at any time - which iI doubt is constant throughout the day - and the types of calls. If the graph said that at 3:30 the longest call wait is 1 minute then you don't have to make any assumptions. That's simply the time to call. Beyond the call centre manager though, who really cares about the length of the call queue?I'll bet the PN CSC centre targets are based on average queuing time not queue lengths.
For example, my local council has a system which periodically says "you are call number X in the queue." What do they think I'm going to do with that information? I'd be much happier with a system that said "based on current conditions, your call will be answered in around 5 minutes".
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

But doesn't all the info on that page tell you what you are asking for?
From it I can see how many calls are in the queue, the average wait time and when in general the best time is to call . I can't see how any company can tell you more when they don't know the nature of your question/problem until they speak to you.
Of course if it can be improved I'm all for that.