cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 0114 307 3836 claiming to be plusnet

FIXED
RickG

Call from 0114 307 3836 claiming to be plusnet

Just got a call claiming to be from plusnet and asking me to complete a survey. Number was 0114 307 3836.

This came on my mobile rather then the landline my broadband connects to.

It asked for user name and parts of password and when I couldn't remember those off-hand they asked for other information.

This took sometime as the call was of a very poor audio quality.

Since I wasn't near the computer or router to confirm the info they asked for they said they would call back later. As it seemed a suspicious call I blocked that number on my mobile.

When I joined back in July I set my contact preferences to email and post only, and have just checked and reset them to that again, so it seemed odd that they would ignore that if it was plusnet.

5 REPLIES 5
msbernice7
Grafter

Re: Call from 0114 307 3836 claiming to be plusnet

Others have recieved calls although usually claiming to be BT https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Phishing-Call/td-p/1653690

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Fix

Hello @RickG I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this call.

I can confirm this was ourselves contacting you. If you prefer to opt-out our outbound telemarketing services, we can adjust the settings on your account to stop these calls from occurring.

Kind regards.

RickG

Thanks for clearing that up.

I have had a few calls over that past month or so that all started 0114 usually claiming to be from BT or openreach and with the preferences set to email and post I was wondering if this was another phishing call.

I would appreciate it if you would set up the opt out from the telemarketing

Thank you for the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Rick

As you've said you've opted out from receiving the service calls I've emailed the appropriate person requesting we remove you from the outbound dialler so you shouldn't receive these calls anymore.

Hope this helps, if you need any further assistance please do feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
noonANDknight

In order to find out who PlusNet are giving your personal and private information to, you should complete a ‘Subject Access Request’ (SAR). This is an easy guide on how to do this.

“Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act 2018, (Article 15 of the GDPR)

Your Email Address To: postroom@plus.net

To the Data Controller/Processor, Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

As a result of a telephone call received to my Private Mobile Telephone Number from the Telephone Number 01143073836 at (Time, day and full date here). I am writing to make a Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act 2018, (Article 15 of the GDPR), for any personal information you hold about me.

The information I require is as follows;

1) Do PlusNet have ANY dealings what so ever with a Company using the Telephone Number 01143073836
2) The name of the Data Processor who is processing my personal data.
3) A copy of all personal data kept on myself.
4) The recipients or categories of recipients you disclose my personal data to.
5) Information about the source of the data, where it was not obtained directly from myself.

Somehow, ‘Xxxx’ knew my name as ‘Mr Xxxxxx’ and that I am a ‘Plusnet’ customer, HOW?

I would be grateful if you could confirm this request by email as soon as possible. Please send acknowledgement to YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Yours faithfully,

Xxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxx