Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC Agent not up to the standards of the Plusnet of old

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

CSC Agent not up to the standards of the Plusnet of old

My parents are moving house, and want to go from "Plusnet Unlimited" (£9.99/month) at their current address (their current phone service is provided by BT) to "Unlimited Broadband and Calls" (£9.99 + £15.95) with Plusnet providing both phone and broadband. A little unusually, we won't be cancelling the BT phone line in the old house, but transferring it to the owner who needs to keep the same number. 
My Dad and I rang Plusnet Customer Services today to see if we can get things started, as they move in to their new house on Monday 11th.  Apparently the "house move" team don't work weekends but do work Bank Holidays so we'll have to ring back tomorrow.  Also apparently, the house is down as having "no line" so there will be a £49.99 charge to reactivate the line (though there is an actual wire and BT master socket in the house) and a potential visit from an Openreach engineer will need booking (and they may not work on Bank Holidays, so we may have to call again on Tuesday as well as tomorrow, Monday).  I was a bit surprised that even reactivating a line needed an engineer, and I was a bit disappointed to find that this cost wouldn't be absorbed by Plusnet under a "house move" as my parents have been with Plusnet for many years and will be starting a new 12 month contract.
My feedback is that the CSC agent we spoke to came across quite badly.  He didn't listen properly to what I was saying, then jumped in with something, so I had to repeat myself several times so that he would give answers to the right questions.  He came across like the worst kind of salesperson.  And he said that it was up to me, the customer, to mention the deals and offers (e.g. the £75 cashback) when I ring back tomorrow because if I didn't mention them, I wouldn't be offered them.  I said this seemed a bit dishonest, but he was happy with that being the situation and he said, "It's the way of the world."  I said, "Yes it is, but that doesn't mean you have to be like that."  My experience with this agent makes me really disappointed with Plusnet - it isn't up to the standards of the Plusnet of old, back when we joined in 2002 or even more recently.
I'll happily provide my parents' username (this was for their account, not mine), and the name of the CSC Agent concerned, by PM to Plusnet staff if they want to follow this up.
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: CSC Agent not up to the standards of the Plusnet of old

I think it depends on the status of the stopped line whether a new-line charge is applicable. The line in the property probably has no dial tone. If it just needs restarting I think the charge is cancelled and no engineer visit is needed. The House Moves team should be able to check this when you contact them.
I hope you are successful with negotiating a suitable deal.
David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

If you can PM me your parent's username and the details of the property along with the agent name I'll get that checked for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: snozboz
A little unusually, we won't be cancelling the BT phone line in the old house, but transferring it to the owner who needs to keep the same number. 

Be interested if this have or will go smoothly as in the past BT have insisted that the account is ceased and the new customer apply for a line with no guarantee the existing number will be kept.
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Matthew for your PM.  I spoke to the house moves team today, and we've got it all started.  And Plusnet have absorbed the cost of removing some LLU equipment at the exchange and activating the phone line & broadband, and the engineer won't need to visit the property.  And they've also given a monthly discount (with a longer contract) on the broadband price.  So, so far, my parents and I are happy.  The CSC agent was much better this time.
@itsme has got me worried though!  When my parents moved in to their current house in 2002, the BT account and phone number was transferred to be in their name - so they are expecting to be able to do the same and transfer it back.  We'll see how we get on with speaking to BT.