Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Mr Volmer

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Bye Bye Mr Volmer

Well all I can say is, if he's as comptent at his job as he is stringing up vacuous words to form meaningless 3 letter acroynms then we'll have nothing to worry about (or shall I call it the NWA project).
Whoops it's catching on, I'm getting in on the act now Smiley
Must stop.
Santiago
Grafter

meaningless 3 letter acroynms
you mean of course an abbreviation
gswindale
Grafter

and just to clarify it is only an acronym if you can make a sensible word out of it (i.e Institute of Civil Egineers = ICE)
Be3G
Grafter

Lest this thread goes any more off-topic with discussions about abbreviations and acronyms, I'd like to direct interested readers to a thread from last year that discusses the subject in detail, then ask that we return to the original topic here please. Smiley
TicnTac
Grafter

I guess with all good conspiracy theories, we’ll need to know whether or not this Mr Ford is an injected evil from BT who will attempt to fold and pull Plusnet down from the inside? Or will he face and talk to the customers, listen to the Plusnet staff and implement sensible ideas and programs that will benefit everyone who is part of Plusnet – I really ought to start using PN rather than typing out Plusnet every single time.  Undecided
I think it’s bad enough BT already having an evil claw inside PN, and I know before we first signed up, it very nearly put us off, however, having that claw helped the elderly parents okay a move to PN and even got us 25pennies off a month! I just would have thought that someone from PN would have taken the reigns, or there could have been a vote for the staff, and customers who we thought would have been best for the job? Never saw it advertised either, aren’t all jobs meant to be advertised?  Wink
I guess what is needed, is that Mr Ford finds his way to a keyboard and the PN forum and types away on a thread like this to put everyone at ease? Or maybe if he did, he’d just be luring us into a false sense of security and before we know it we’ll all have BT Home hubs and sporting BT logos on our car windows, paying six times more for only 1Mb! *cue scary music*  Angry Shocked
Ah well, I guess we’ll all have to wait and see.  Undecided
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: TicnTac
Never saw it advertised either, aren’t all jobs meant to be advertised?  Wink

Not necessarily.
TicnTac
Grafter

Not necessarily.

Oh........ Huh  Sad Ah well, not one I would have applied for anyway  Roll_eyes Unless a personal jet was provided, I'm a little too far away!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think that a private jet is in the offering, even for the CEO job!
TicnTac
Grafter

Hmph, but then again, it's evil BT - they don't deserve such things, as long as they have their 3 pronged fork, I guess they'll be happy  Roll_eyes Although I do hope this new CEO isn't going to be getting anything like
BT CEO Ian Livingston received £2.105m in salary and bonuses - an almost 80% increase on pay and perks
that!
Angry
That sort of money could have gone on getting a few more exchanges upgraded, or sorting some of their dodgy cables out!
Maybe it should be voluntary job for both BT and Plusnet?  Wink Perks could be free broadband, or 25p / month for every new customer they refer.
Mand
Grafter

Much as I love a good conspiracy theory, Anthony was from the BT Group too, and as a company we thrived under his leadership. I'm looking forward to meeting Jamie properly as I've been on hols for a little while. Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Mand
I'm looking forward to meeting Jamie properly as I've been on hols for a little while. Smiley
Just adds to the conspiracy theory - they sneaked him in whilst you weren't looking  Wink
Mand
Grafter

LOL I've seen him in passing and said hello, just haven't had a chance to work with him yet.
TicnTac
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
.....................Anthony was from the BT Group too, and as a company we thrived under his leadership............

See!  False sense of security, it is obvious what they are doing, they have lulled the PN staff, who have been all happy and giddy over their CEO, now a new one comes along, and because of the happy giddy days, you can't see the horns on his head or the fork he carries Undecided
Evil BT are just trying to bring PN down to their level, then the next thing they'll just slap their branding on it, call it some sort of package that seperates it from the rest of their lies and cons.
Unless Mr Ford can tell us different that is?  Roll_eyes
Credit to Evil BT, they grabbed PN knowing that at the time it had happy customers, and pretty much a large and understanding techie group, also it was made up of lots of disgruntled BT customers.......what better way to get at their ex customers apart from consume PN, and slowly bring it down from the inside hiding their every move.
We've already seen prices go up, offers dwindle, apart from the gimmicks, silly CSA manual faults, long delays for new customers, long delays in repairs and service for those with faults........it's all there, and growing, and for some reason, most customers feel compelled to come to this forum to actually get a problem sorted, putting it in the public eye, again, a good way of BT knocking PN down a peg or three!  Shocked
Since 2006 BT now have the BT & Plusnet partnership, Plusnet is known as a subsidiary of BT, it will if allowed to, become no different to BT, so we'll just have to hope that the PUG, the PN staff, and any customers that care, either push for a new CEO, or an open discussion with the new one. Roll_eyes
Undecided
nadger
Rising Star

Someone once said that we have Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.
Here were seem to have Theories, Conspiracy Theories and Machiavellian Plots  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments, and the tendency of people to disparage statistics that do not support their positions. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.
The term was popularised in the United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the 19th Century British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli (1804–1881): "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." However, the phrase is not found in any of Disraeli's works and the earliest known appearances were years after his death. Other coiners have therefore been proposed. The most plausible, given current evidence, is Englishman Charles Wentworth Dilke (1843–1911).

From Wikipedia