cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Agreements/Tragic Service, Engineer never turned up, now left in the dark

danielplatt
Grafter

Broken Agreements/Tragic Service, Engineer never turned up, now left in the dark

Had a fibre optic installation booked in for 11th September PM . I wanted the 7th, but you guys wanted to do it on the 11th so I got the time off work and I waited. I called at 3:30 and 4:30 concerned that a job spec'd to last 3-4hours would need to start pretty soonish to realistically be finished before dinner time but was assured on both occasions that the engineer would be here.
Got to 6PM and still no engineer, so I called again.  After some back and forth between different members of staff I was finally given the cause for the lack of engineer:
"Turns out the installers are short staffed so were unable to visit you"
WHAT.THE.HELL
The reason itself is somewhat forgiveable, what was not forgiveable is that rather than being called and be told this information, I had to miss a day of work and sit inside all day by the door waiting for someone who was never going to show. You guys set the damned date for the engineer to show, I worked around you, and in doing so I'm out a days wage and have no fibre optic service. It is completely unacceptable.
Thankfully the CS rep seemed to agree and raised a case for me stating that I would be compensated accordingly with a weekend installation and that I would be called today by a senior cs rep who would fix and remedy the situation.
Imagine how surprised I was when i received no calls, no emails, no messages and the case being updated as saying that it has now been returned to the BOT - FTTC Provision Appointments pool.
I have never experienced service so ridiculously poor that managed to fail me every single step of the way on every single agreement made.
Maybe the staff on the forums can inform me instead, am I getting an engineer this weekend?
Regards,
Dan
22 REPLIES 22
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Broken Agreements/Tragic Service, Engineer never turned up, now left in the dark

Unfortunately these types of post are getting more and more common in the forum, hopefully someone from the digital care team will pick this up for you in the morning .
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Broken Agreements/Tragic Service, Engineer never turned up, now left in the dark

Yet another no show by BT out of reach  Lips_are_sealed
i hope PN staff get something sorted , its making PN look very Bad  Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
danielplatt
Grafter

Another day of no contact or updates on either this post nor the cases raised by your own staff. What the hell are you people doing? You have cost me a days wage and a significant inconvenience, on top of that you have already started taking payment and commencing with a contract for a product I have yet to receive.
Got linked to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights from a member and it looks like I might be able to claim for quite a decent amount and have zero problems in doing so if you don't start doing your jobs to an even sub-par standard, I'd take that over what we have right now. Absolutely shocking.
You guys seriously messed up and you are doing nothing to fix it.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Best suggestion is to post here in the morning (early but during office hours) and include a ticket number which will hopefully then be noticed up by a member of staff.
No-shows by BT engineers are a real problem for anyone on the recieving end and need to be treated seriously.  I'm lucky enough not to have suffered this problem but I can understand the utter frustration you are feeling.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danielplatt,
I'm really sorry about how this has all happened, especially the lack of contact following your call to us a couple of days back.
Firstly, I've fed back regarding the agent you spoke to as he certainly didn't follow up on what he promised you as he should have. I can assure you that one of our provisioning agents is currently pushing the escalation through and is pushing to get a Saturday appointment for you - we will try for tomorrow but I'm sorry to say that's fairly unlikely at this stage so it'll probably be next weekend (22nd). I'll make sure to confirm this with you as soon as it's booked with our suppliers.
I'll also make sure that your account is properly credited/refunded to reflect the time without service, and will update your ticket to confirm.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's been a couple of updates to your ticket for you that I hope will help. An install appointment has been arranged for next weekend, I hope that's alright for you?
danielplatt
Grafter

Hi Matt, Thanks for your additions to the case, the next weekend slot will be fine.
Thanks for your help in raising this to the necessary people, hopefully it will all go as scheduled.
Regards,
Dan
danielplatt
Grafter

I had a BT engineer call me today. He seemed to think I had a fiber optic installation planned for today and that he would be around shortly. When i informed him that I had work in 5minutes and no knowledge of this along with that my fiber optic installation date is this coming Saturday he said there is nothing in his paperwork to suggest that was going to be happening.
Why, after all this, am I getting calls 5minutes before work on random days not fitting to the schedule you have provided me with? I thought we had sorted this problem?
warbleeder
Grafter

more than likely BT and not PN had the problem of a engi randomly turning up without a appointment before myself
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Dan,
Apologies that this has happened today. Not trying to pass the blame, but this was a agent error at suppliers side.
I have also spoken with Steven and Matt who you have liaised with regarding this. We have spoken to our suppliers regarding this, we will confirm the appointment for this Saturday, but this will not be done until tomorrow we are waiting for today's appointment to clear.
Steven will also be updating your ticket.
I will monitor this and update you as soon as this is confirmed.
Chris
danielplatt
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
Apologies that this has happened today. Not trying to pass the blame, but this was a agent error at suppliers side.

To be fair to you guys, the interactions I have had for the best part have ranged from fine to good with you guys.
The problems I am having are all clearly BT related i.e, not showing up when scheduled or calling to say so, random appointments made at random times with no guidance or planning, not being given any information whatsoever.
The problem is that you guys are now part of this BT group and so consequently my contract with you now relies heavily on them being able to do their god damn jobs which so far has been so very ridiculous.
There are always going to be problems when companies join and mistakes will happen. The problem is they seem to keep happening to me, I dare-say if anyone else joins this ticket we may crash the database as I already have half of plusnet following it Grin
Regards,
Dan
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Steven has updated your ticket and is arranging the appointment for Saturday, I am going to oversee this and make sure it does go ahead as scheduled.
Your contract is with us and we need to do all we can to provide you a service, and meet the required appointment for this. As I said, I'm not trying to pass the blame, as you are buying a product from us and not our suppliers. So I can only apologise and make sure that this does go ahead this weekend and that we meet your expectation for level of service.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to confirm that your appointment for the 22nd September is booked in for you.
Any questions with this please let me know.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Everything is still on track for you engineer appointment tomorrow.
Again any questions with this please let me know.