cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband working but no landline

balsier

Broadband working but no landline

Since the storm in SW Scotland on Tuesday 23rd I have no landline available, but the broadband is working.
Plusnet tests say that the landline shows no fault, but there is no dial tone even at the master socket, which indicates that the fault is not in my house, and if I dial my home number on a mobile it gives an engaged tone.
These are sympoms of a fault at the exchange but I can see no reports of any action to find out if this so, or make repairs.
I'm having to wait until 31st for a BT engineer, meanwhile I have had no reply to my request to divert incoming calls to my mobile.
Definitely not happy.
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband working but no landline

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that. We can divert the calls but must warn you that they'll be charged at the standard mobile rate, if that's acceptable we'll set the divert up for you. Hope the fault is resolved soon.
balsier

Please divert incoming calls to my mobile as requested.
If the fault turns out to be with your equipment I assume compensation will be availabe for the mobile costs and lack of landline service.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All the equipment belongs to our suppliers, we resell the service and do the administration (orders, raising faults etc and the billing) though I see what you're saying. I'm sure it will turn out to be a fault on the line with our supplier's kit somewhere, I'm afraid if that is the case we won't be able to refund the costs as we can't claim them back either - if we could, we'd be able to offer the divert service for free.
I'll get it added for you now.
balsier

Unfortunately even the call divert is not working properly.
Some calls have been going to an 01556 number since Tuesday and continue to do so even after you reported the call diversion to be active. I only found this out when a friend whose call had been wrongly diverted called me this afternoon on my mobile.
Please will you supply a list of all incoming calls that have been diverted, correctly or not, since the start of service disruption on Tuesday.
I have left a similar request on the help assistance dialog.
balsier

Calls to my landline are still going to the 01556 number and not to my mobile.
I have spoken to BT and BT Openreach about this and they report that you have diverted my calls, either by mistake or as a result of the storm last Tuesday.
Please check and remove the divert IMMEDIATELY so that my landline service is restored. Do not action any divert to my mobile if my landline is restored.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Please will you supply a list of all incoming calls that have been diverted

There isn't such a list that could be accessed I'm afraid. When a call divert is in place you should be able to identify the calls from either the phone bill of the service they're directed to.  I've just checked and the mobile number listed on your account was passed on when we placed an order for the call divert, I'm sorry to see there's been an issue with that just the same and I've removed the call divert for you, that should take effect within the next hour or so.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
balsier

Thanks, the divert may have been removed but my landline is now apparently permanently engaged, which it is not.
Please will you investigate and find out why the divert was put in place? I did not request it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The divert we requested was to your mobile after you requested it earlier in the thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116859.msg1010479.html#msg1010479 The issue lies beyond the request we made and to be realistic we might not be able to find out why that happened I'm afraid, we do obviously offer our apologies about that not working as expected.
Thanks, the divert may have been removed but my landline is now apparently permanently engaged,

That won't related to what we've requested for the temporary call divert but sorry to hear that's happened all the same, I've just checked the fault notes on our suppliers systems and they're requesting an engineer to be sent out, I'm about to respond to ticket 72322792 with some more information regarding that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
balsier

BT Openreach called this morning. Problem is now resolved.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: balsier
Please divert incoming calls to my mobile as requested.
If the fault turns out to be with your equipment I assume compensation will be availabe for the mobile costs and lack of landline service.

Quote from: Matt
All the equipment belongs to our suppliers, we resell the service and do the administration (orders, raising faults etc and the billing) though I see what you're saying. I'm sure it will turn out to be a fault on the line with our supplier's kit somewhere, I'm afraid if that is the case we won't be able to refund the costs as we can't claim them back either - if we could, we'd be able to offer the divert service for free.

That's why some of us won't move their phone service from Plusnet's owners (BT Retail) who do offer free diversion.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm glad to hear that's been resolved balsier, thanks a lot for letting us know.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team