cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband signal mostly off for 9 weeks+, plus net denied any problem, £65 cancelled fee!

njbarnard

Broadband signal mostly off for 9 weeks+, plus net denied any problem, £65 cancelled fee!

I had 9 weeks of hardly any broadband service, plus net checked the line, said there was no fault, no engineer came out. Nothing! I asked how much I would be charged to leave and was told because I had paid my telephone line rental up front, there was no charge for that (I just wouldn't get the rental back - only 2 months left on that contract). I was told I would be charged £2 per month for each month left on the broadband contract. This was 6-7 months. I had the option of no broadband for months or losing money and switching. I switched to BT. I would recommend this to every plus net customer. I have just been charged £65 a month after I transferred, I have received no notification of this or any explanation what it was for. I haven't a clue how Which recommend plus net for their customer service, this was one of the reasons I joined. Everything worked fine for 18 months then suddenly no broadband. Seems to be very common. I will be making sure Which are aware of the problems. I also found out that Plus net have not signed up to the ombudsman. In future, I will only choose companies that have. Lesson learned!
1 REPLY 1
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Broadband signal mostly off for 9 weeks+, plus net denied any problem, £65 cancelled fee!

It may be worthwhile talking to BT. When I was thinking of moving to them and I was looking at a cancellation fee, they indicated that they would offer to pay up to £300 to a new customer who was facing penalty fees.