Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband faults again

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Broadband faults again

It badly needs Other as an option, I do not have a connection issue/speed but basic browsing.  I used the speed issue option but that takes me down the question route of needing 3 speedtests, which is not strictly related to my fault.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
5 REPLIES 5
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Broadband faults again

Is this still with Opera Gus or every other browser too on your machine?
That's RPM to you!!
Gus
Aspiring Pro

yes waterfox/IE gave the same results
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

There's a lot of work going in in conjunction with the fibre cabinets scattered around the place (Inverness) - my connection was rock solid for almost 4 weeks, then started dropping all over the place. It's settled down, but still dropping around once a day just now. There may be associated exchange work which might cause the odd blip.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Jaggies, I had thought the same as checking with BT shows my cabinet is now accepting orders, when it was showing as 31st October for my cabinet last week.  But I can't see Openreach working at 10.40pm unless it was something major.
That and I never lost sync or PPP, just that browsing became a pain with no sites loading, which cleared after about an hour.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I suspect the exchange work required to connect up the fibre links will probably be quite extensive, and is quite likely to be done out of normal working hours.