cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband fault report wizard needs updating

bin
Aspiring Pro

Broadband fault report wizard needs updating

So, on Monday as advised I created yet another fault ticket for the same old problem on my line. That was Monday and as it is Thursday and still un-actioned I thought I'd just highlight a bit of an omission in the wizard for some light relief.

There is a bit where you have to swear that you have plugged in to test socket, changed filter etc etc.

Fine and good, but on one of the 5 or 6 visits in the last few months OR changed my faceplate and dumped the filter.

So, I can - I guess - take that faceplate off, but if so I lose my phone. Not ideal really - especially if asked to leave it like that for days on end.....

I suggest you add a section that people can tick to describe the faceplate in some way. Since I couldn't in all honesty say that I had tested as described in the wizard (because it is not physically possibIe) I assume that my issue has been dumped in the bucket to be looked at sometime.

Anyhow - hope the above feedback will be of help as right now the wizard will confuse anyone who doesn't have the kit described. BTW I know/think  that other faceplates are described somewhere, but I cannot seem to locate that info in the wizard itself.

12 REPLIES 12
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Broadband fault report wizard needs updating

Whichever type of master socket, most people would need to use a microfilter to connect the DSL modem to the test socket, so you'd still be able to plug a phone into that microfilter at the same time.

bin
Aspiring Pro

....this would be the microfilter that the OR engineer said was no longer needed and could be chucked away?Smiley

Problem here of course is that with the old F/P you always had the microfilter in place. Now - if you have one at all - it could be anywhere. Here I'm not thinking of the experienced bb user who has a box full of microfilters along with the corded phone to check for line noise and spare router to diagnose router issues, but the older or perhaps less experienced who may have never used or needed one finding that they have an either or situation when providing PN with the support it needs from its customers.

Sorry if I sound a bit sarcastic, but right now I'm pretty fed up with PN having raised a fault on Monday which has been totally ignored despite bumps. I cannot see the ticket any more as the old system is just not working and of course doesn't send out an email to you when it is created to allow you to get back to it. As it happens after n number of router reboots I've got a reasonable connection again until the next time.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bin,

See the link below for your tickets - you will be prompted to log into the user portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think all major ISPs are doing self-install, so they supply at least one microfilter with the modem/router they supply. They are not needed and probably should not be used if you have a filtered faceplate.

However, most people will not have a suitable cable to plug the DSL modem straight into the test socket. Some Openreach person shouldn't be telling you to throw something away unless they've tested it and deemed it faulty or sub-standard (some microfilters are poorly designed and just no good).

bin
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for the link - I've bookmarked for future use.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The BT engineer is acting on Plusnet's so if he said to throw it away it is ultimately Plusnet's responsibility. If subsequently testing with a filter is required they should supply one FOC!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@bin

I've sent you a new microfilter now, as a gesture of goodwill.

I hope this helps

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bin
Aspiring Pro

Oh! Thumbs_Up

Thanks very much @Gandalf - I'll plug it in when it arrives - not sure what's happening with open ticket other than interleave having been removed - still bad though

KeithKnight
Dabbler

Yes, I have the same problem too. The wizard (https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search) which displays open questions has failed for me on 5 DIFFERENT BROWSERS intermittently for several weeks. When i tried to report it, I was told by a snotty operator that it was my fault; it must be my browser or my laptop. As a technician of over 30 years standing, I had to listen while she told me to clear my cookies and cache and try Chrome and IE, both of which I already have loaded and had tried. In addition I have tried Firefox, Waterfox, Pale moon, Opera, Epic and Brave. No browser, with or without addins will load https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search with any reliability. Today, I cannot load it at all and I have 4 questions outstanding. Please Plusnet fix this long outstanding problem. Maybe they just don't want me to see that they are TOTALY INCAPABLE of forcing BTW to fix my service, as per usual.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Odd.  Just worked for me Win7 Pro / FF 64.0.2  ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

KeithKnight
Dabbler

Thanks for the heads up. Its still nt workiing for me, I'm afraid with W7Ult x64 /FF nightly 66.0a1  & Chrome  & IE11. Also tried it on my W10 pro x64 with various browsers. It must be my account or accounts with certain similar features - perhaps the long comments I put on my tickets haha! I'll keep trying! I must say this does seem a fairly common problem. It's the URL "https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search" that doesn't always load. It triggers to check open questions as soon as you log on. Have you got any open questions? I've got 4! Maybe that's it.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear you're having trouble viewing tickets on your account. Are you able to get directly to the fault ticket using this link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=183845499

As opposed to going to the list of all open tickets.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet