Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband delayed at new property

StephenF
Grafter

Broadband delayed at new property

Hello!
I am a long time plusnet customer and you provide me a beyond excellent service, however, my house move has been a terrible experience.
I need the internet as i have my university coursework due in next week (and i do a computer science course, therefore i require the internet :P) and i was aware of this before i moved, so i called plusnet up WAY in advance of my move and asked if it would be possible to have the internet connected on the day that i move in (which i have done before so i knew it was something feasible). They said that the phone line was down at the house and they would need to have an engineer out to set it up, but then i could have br online on the day i moved in. This was fine and sounded great, however, a week later i got a call from a lady who cancelled the engineer and rescheduled it because she assumed i had made a mistake by asking for the engineer to come out before the move day, which was wrong because i ensured i had the keys before hand. She then could not rebook the engineer for the same day, thus delaying the engineer until 18th! so, we changed our move day to 17th as it is imperative that i have the internet access, ready for the internet and phone line to be turned on for the  18th (as was the original plan for the old engineer date). The phone line was turned on today and everything seemed fine, but no internet! I rang plusnet to find that this is because when the new engineer was booked, they didn't book to have my internet switched on at the same time! and now i have to wait 5 working days before having internet access. In my situation this is less than acceptable and for the first time ever i am disappointed with my plusnet service, and through no fault of my own i have ended up with a situation that could cause me to fail my coursework due to lack of internet access which is also through no fault of my own.
I am really hoping that you might be able to do something for me because i am on my knees here, and i have nothing left that i can do. It's extremely frustrating that my appointment was cancelled without contacting me first and because of this, a myriad of problems have arisen.
Thanks
- Steve
16 REPLIES 16
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Broadband delayed at new property

I am planning to get the engineer to install my fibre service along with data extension kit on the day we move into the new house. So I hope this doesn't happen to me  Roll_eyes
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Steve,
I've had a look through your house move journey with us and can see where we've caused an issue with you currently having no broadband connection. I can see that we attempted to call you prior to cancelling the original order but we didn't get through to you and the mistake was made by us going ahead and cancelling the order.
The order that has been placed today for your broadband cannot be brought forward unfortunately, if it was something I could change I would.
I can only apologise for this and I'd be more than happy to take a look at your account to see if we could offer a goodwill gesture to make up for this.
Chris
StephenF
Grafter

The only gesture of goodwill that i will accept is a bottle of your finest internets.
Thanks though,
- Steve
StephenF
Grafter

Hello, is there any way i can get some kind of update as to what is going on with my internet? The lady on the phone said they will send text updates but i haven't received anything and as you already know i'm in a very desperate/frustrating situation.
Thanks
- Steve
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steve,
Everything is set to complete on the 25th, it may complete tomorrow.
I'll check on it and if the order has completed I'll manually activate your broadband.
Sorry for the wait.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked your order and it's still showing as committed. I'll check again later today but wither way your broadband will be active tomorrow.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks like it won't complete until tomorrow, I'll continue to check on this and I'll confirm with you when you're active.
StephenF
Grafter

Thank you, I keep checking but no updates yet. Just an update at 7am this morning saying that the issue was awaiting support from the team.
-Steve
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked and it's still not showing as complete, our provisioning team are chasing this as I type and they will be updating your ticket.
StephenF
Grafter

Thank you very much for your help!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the delay in updating you, my colleague is on the phone to our suppliers still and will update your ticket as soon as he's finished speaking with them.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've checked on your order and there was an exception placed due to some additional work that was required to complete your order, I've spoken with our suppliers who have confirmed that this will complete on the 29th.
Apologies for the wait, your ticket has been updated and I'll also too keep you updated.
StephenF
Grafter

They lied because i'm online now!
^____^
Thank you for all of your help!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just got an update through and also read your post..... Smiley