cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cut of with no sign of it being reinstated

jonadams

Broadband cut of with no sign of it being reinstated

It's been quite a saga so far. On Friday, out of the blue I got an email saying my account was closed, with absolutely no explanation. This cut of broadband and phone and deleted the mailboxes.
After 1-2 hours on the phone (most of it waiting on hold), they said they'd sort it out and reinstate the phone on Saturday and broadband on Tuesday.
The next day we discovered that yes the phone had been reconnected but with the wrong phone number. Another couple of hours on the phone and the CSC they said they'd switch the phone number but couldn't find a record of the new broadband order. They later phoned back to say that they couldn't place the broadband order until after the phone number had been changed, otherwise there would be a danger of losing the old phone number completely.
On Tuesday the phone number was reinstated but caller-id was missed off. They then said there were problems with the records (apparently a NAD ID is missing) and it could take up to 5 working days for that to be sorted before they can even attempt to place the order to get broadband reconnected.
Just to add insult to injury, we got another email on Saturday saying that we'd not paid our broadband bill due Saturday 29th. We never have bills on the 29th - they are on the 4th and the last bill had been paid by direct debit. It also included a charge for not paying by direct debit, which we always do. And our broadband isn't working anyway so we certainly shouldn't be paying for it!
This is on top of another issue from 10th July where during the night the bill showed 3 calls to premium numbers. I've googled the numbers but nothing comes up - I assume the call costs are going directly to whatever criminals managed to get the calls linked to our account. Several CSCs we've spoken to have said they would be removed from the bill and of course it didn't happen and we got charged via direct debit. They were going to investigate how the calls could have appeared on our bill when we didn't make them but we've not heard anything back about that either.
Online tickets get ignored, phone calls take 45 minutes to answer, some CSCs don't follow up on their actions  and while we do now have someone helpful looking into it she just seems to hit problems with the system. It currently sounds likely that broadband will be out for 2 weeks or more.
Things that need to be sorted out
* Fixing the broadband quickly..
* Get caller-id reinstated.
* Give us the refund on the previous premium call charges and investigate how the call charges got there in the first place.
* Remove the messages saying we've not paid our bill from the 29th, correct the bill date and ensure the direct debit is set up correctly.
* Explain how plusnet managed to accidentally close the account in the first place and make sure it doesn't happen again.
I'm hoping someone reads this forum who can actually do something about this.
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Broadband cut of with no sign of it being reinstated

Taking this on. Will update this post shortly.
Thanks for your patience.
You have had a really rough run here, so big apologies. Admittedly, it's error on Plusnet's side that has caused you to be out of service.
As it stands, we've got your line back on, and we've got your old number back. We are reprovisioning your broadband, and I'll be expediting the order once we have the option to. I'm in contact with the colleagues that you were previously speaking with to ensure that this is facilitated ASAP.
I think we should tackle this first as a matter of priority, and I will investigate the other issues after.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jonadams

Re: Broadband cut of with no sign of it being reinstated

Hi Matty,
Thanks for looking into this.
We called again yesterday and after a further hour on the phone managed to get caller-id and the direct debit reinstated. The incorrect bill for non-working broadband on the 29th is now listed as paid, presumably it was taken automatically by direct debit.
I agree the priority is broadband but that doesn't mean the other issues should have to wait. We have now been given a date for broadband which is 15th September which is 16 days after it was cut off. How is it that it can be cut off instantaneously but it takes so long to put it back again? Can you get this accelerated?
We are making progress but only because we've been chasing the issues one by one as nobody at plusnet is taking responsibility to deal with the entire case. We've spent about 5 hours on the phone so far to try to get this resolved.
Jon