Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Fault - Poor Communication and Progress

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Broadband Fault - Poor Communication and Progress

I have had a broadband fault on my residential line on going for 20 days, numerous dates and expectations for getting this resolved have come and gone.
This fault has been escalated but it does not feel like that at all.
Its s seems PN are perfectly happy to be "fobbed" off by OR , accept anything they tell you , and wait for days for updates.
For example after numerous dates and expectations had passed, a PTO engineer was booked for yesterday, never turned up, update today , you will get another update tomorrow.
Simply not good enough PN !!, you don't seem to put any pressure on OR to get this fault resolved.
This made me smile ( not in a good way )
We've raised an escalation with our supplier as we don't find this acceptable and we want to hold them accountable to us and we want them to resolve this issue for you as soon as is possible.
We'll update you when we get any further information which will be within 72 hours

Yet PN find it perfectly acceptable to wait up to 3 days to hear back on an escalation.
I am very disappointed in the way PN have handled this so far.
Ticket ID #79310048
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband Fault - Poor Communication and Progress

Hi Mike,
I've just had a look at the ticket and while I'm sorry you're frustrated, I honestly don't think we could be doing anything more than we currently are. Your ticket is in hand as a personal with one of our most knowledgeable agents and has received daily updates since that's been the case, and I believe it's now at the third (possibly fourth) stage of escalation that we have due to the missed engineers and bad responses we've been getting.
I understand why you're not happy and am sorry that an engineer appointment was missed though.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Matt
Thanks for your response, from a customer point of view, this part of the fault was found on the 13th and nothing "on the ground" has been done since.
It seems escalating faults and getting any positive action from OR "is like pulling teeth"  
Even when a fault has been escalated, OR still give bad responses to the fault as before, at the moment does the escalation seem to be achieving much, at the moment no, which is very frustrating.
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you received (or been promised) the Missed Appointment Payments?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi jelv
Yes, i raised a compliant and that was given  for the missed apportionment on the 10.01.14, from the 13.01 work needs to be done at the cabinet,everything fine my end, as mentioned above PTO was meant to go there yesterday, but did not turn, and OR responsive this morning was , get another update tomorrow ,
PN has said ,this has been passed back to BT asking for the reasons behind no PTO engineer arriving yesterday and asked for this escalation to be passed higher.
How many escalations before OR do what they say they will, escalations mean nothing, if there is no positive moment on the fault.
Kind Regards
Mike  

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Matt
Your ticket is in hand as a personal with one of our most knowledgeable agents and has received daily updates since that's been the case, and I believe it's now at the third (possibly fourth) stage of escalation that we have due to the missed engineers and bad responses we've been getting.

Without any knowledge of the internal Plusnet / OR stages of escalation, it is difficult to assess how likely they are to be visible to escalating levels of management in BOTH companies!  From the frequency of threads on similar topics of "missed appointments"  I would expect this to be a Front and Centre activity for the new CEO to address directly with OR and OFCOM .  Is this the next level?
Maurice 

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Here's Ofcom's advice when the vendor fails to fix faults. http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/service-problems/
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.