cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Bring back tickets/questions (with poll)

On 24th March Plusnet removed the link to the Help Assistant from the menus.
This has removed two features unless you know the URLs to get directly to the pages:

• The ability to view previously raised questions/tickets and service notices

• The ability to raise questions online

Plusnet said:
Quote from: Chris
Hi all,
Yes, the link has been moved for the help assistant and yes, this was deliberate.
Since we introduced the online chat functionality we've found that the satisfaction rating and speed of response on this is vastly superior to the ticket system, so we're promoting this more. If you have a query that you'd like addressing online rather than calling, the live chat team will be able togive the same response you'd get from a ticket. The team are the same people that reply to tickets but chat is proving more efficient with a higher satisfaction rating.
We're continuing to review the ways customers contact us and may make changes/updates to this again in the future.
If you have an open ticket at the moment, you should receive an email when we reply to it which tells you where to go to view it and respond.
There is also a link still to the help assistant and therefore to view your open tickets towards the bottom of the page once you've logged in at the member centre.
If you've got an issue you want to raise by ticket, why not give the live chat a go?

The attached screen shot shows where the Help Assistant can now be found.
Chat is only open for part of each day.
Files and screen shots cannot be attached to chat sessions.
A discussion over the removal can be found here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137952.0.html
adie:green edited title
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
132 REPLIES 132
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Bring back tickets/questions

I accept the merits of promoting use of CHAT over TICKETS but not in doing so making tickets more difficult to access.
Tickets still have a role to play in managing the support process as well as delivering it.  Tickets are available 24x7, have no capacity limitation and can be used asynchronously of available PlusNet resource; the same cannot be said of the CHAT solution.
Please reinstate easy to find access to this service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

+ 1 from me reinstate Tickets , but correct the failings first .
Chat is also handy so dont just give that up
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Only reason I can find it as I have the ticket page bookmarked, common sense is starting to leave plusnet again.  This is becoming a regular feature were you have a senior moment every couple of years plusnet.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has anyone noticed the current poll running on the front page of the portal?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

The newbies and non technical members with extreme problems have historically been helped through the ticket system. It still has a place and should be reinstated as it was  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Jelv , that poll is not too obvious on the portal , needs to be more prominent .
Unless PN dont want people to see it 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The poll has been there for possibly 12 months (I can't remember when it last changed) and is specifically about faults, which are still handled and raised in exactly the same manner as previously via the faults troubleshooter.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

@Chris - I've used the Faults troubleshooter on the website and its somewhat useless... sometimes it fails and just says call in and other times it don't make sense anyway....
Why is it so hard for Plusnet to accept that sometime the customer just wants to ask a question and get a reply when it has reached the person in the know...
If I phone technical support now and ask a question the rep doesn't know about will they be able to go through all the various departments & members of staff until they get someone that does know what I'm talking about whilst I'm on hold, I don't think so...
g1000
Grafter

The poll was definitely different a couple of months ago. Funnily enough, it was asking how easy it was to find what you needed in Member Centre! The results were very, very bad. I'm not surprised - it's a mix of torture and trial and error for me. The whole thing needs a navigation overhaul.
There should definitely at least be a nice, prominent, constant link for "Questions" built-in somewhere. I had to resort to asking Live Chat a couple of days ago asking how to get to the tickets page, surely that can't be efficient.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

i never see anything on member center page when i log on ,,  All i ever see is on opening the page is PN telling me i need to have a Direct debit setting up !!
from there i just check my phone calls , i never see any polls .
Apprentice
Grafter

I had to resort to asking Live Chat a couple of days ago asking how to get to the tickets page, surely that can't be efficient.

Good to know they new the answer to that  Smiley
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I've said before I've never been able to find my way around the PN site I can never navigate it easily it's always a bit like looking for needle in a haystack.
I doff my hat to those who can help members by posting links to where they want be.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Yeah I must agree it is it bit like a maze... it took me a few weeks of logging on nearly daily to get used to finding things.
I don't think it would be so bad if they took some of the main things like billing and connection information and put them in a more user friendly interface and then put a link in for the other stuff left as it is now.
Some things would be a bit hard to put in a snazzy page without it becoming very heavy for loading and too busy
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

+ 1 from me to Townman Reply #1 with this build:
The CHAT service is based on a finite amount of resource,  so no spare resource available means the call goes unrecorded - exit one frustrated client.
A cynic might observe that this is an attempt by Muddle Management to legitimately massage the recorded faults figures?
The CHAT service has proved that it adds value, so keep it - but retain the ticket / question service please.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.