Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breach of contract

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Breach of contract

Shutter, I read this OP as he is not disputing, or saying that he hasn't has 3 free months.  What he is complaining about is paying £11.99 instead of £5.99.  We don't know what he was told before he got to the Plusnet site, since he's not said where he got the offer from.  If that was incorrect that I don't see how Plusnet could be held responsible.  The only way I have seen to sign up to Plusnet for any of these offers is to use a special link which takes you to the Plusnet home page, were it says £5.99*    *£5.99 for low cost areas, £11.99 everywhere else (my paraphrasing from memory).  You then go through the normal signup procedure, which Mand says will have shown the correct price, which the OP will have had to have agreed to in order to have signed up.  After signup, the email is sent which Mand agrees had the incorrect price in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Guys,
I've spoken to both the people in this thread and as far as we're concerned the matter is closed.
As I've said, the price and terms are accepted well before the email is sent. However, the email should be correct, so I've raised the priority of that problem.
hulls
Grafter

Hi Mand
Don't spoil everyone's fun, by sorting it out!  Let's all have a good argument  Crazy
John
gee

Hello, I am a bit late joining your discussion, but I too have been hit by the higher charges £5.99 to £11.99 on Plusnet Value, but I was an existing customer.  I checked and double checked the costs before getting this service and certainly the price was a big factor in staying.  I note that a lot of the discussion revolves around the welcome letter, but why would one(me) have checked which market my exchange was in unless this was also a factor in the pricing.  I have only just realised the higher price had been applied and was roaming the forums looking for some info and found your thread, which so far has only related to "new" customers and I couldn't see how it has been resolved.  I have raised a ticket and am awaiting a response.  Are there many other existing customers who have been affected? 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forums Gee.
both Value and Premium, and as from 12th April Extra have variable pricing depending on the are you are in. Only Market 3 keep the low price, it is definitely on the advert on the portal home page. and I think that the welcoming e-mail quotes the higher price, but it is a long time since I changed.
Mand
Grafter

Hi gee,
Your issue is slightly different, as your account shows you in the wrong market area. A task has been raised to our development team to rectify this and I believe your ticket has just been answered.
VileReynard
Hero

How can you be in the "wrong" area?
I think we should be told which areas are considered to be "right". Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: A
How can you be in the "wrong" area?

Sometimes our system puts a customer in a market 1 & 2 area, when they are in fact in a market 3. This is under investigation at present.
gee

Hello Pierre_pierre, and thanks Mand, I have had a response to the ticket.  The clarification appears to be, as Matt said, the correct area/market hadn't been noted.  Hopefully this is sorted for the next bill.
Mand
Grafter

I've had confirmation that this has been done now, so well in time for your next bill.
wncfc
Grafter

Just seen this thread, and I find myself in a similar situation.  I decided to move from BBYW option 1 to Value.  I also have the legacy Homephone 240 which gives me 240 anytime minutes.
When I upgraded the wizard stated:
Your new products
Plusnet Value: Estimated Speed: 7Mb £5.99
£11.99 after 3 billing months.
You'll move to this product on your next billing date (11/04/2010).
Home Phone Anytime    £9.75
New monthly cost:  £15.74
This is only the monthly cost for your Broadband and/or Home Phone products.
Click the 'Change my products' button below to confirm your choices.
Click to accept the account change Terms and Conditions (shown below)
Start again

showing my Homephone at £9.75. 
When my account changed on the 11th April, I received an email stating

Your product change is now complete, here are the details:

Your PlusNet account details
------------------------------
Broadband Product: Plusnet Value
Monthly Subscription: £5.99
After 3 months your subscription will change to £5.99

Usage allowance: 10GB

This I guess falls into the same category as above with the email quoting the wrong price.  However I raised a question to see what was going on and received the reply that
I can confirm that after 3 months your broadband will be £11.99 per month. Your homephone line rental is £11.25.
So according to this both the wizard and the welcome email are wrong!
I have replied asking again asking what on earth is going on with all this misinformation, but from reading Mand's replies above, I wonder if I should be insisting on the £9.75 for Homephone as that is the under the terms and conditions accepted through the upgrade wizard.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm a little confused here. You've been paying more than £9.75 since last June (the price of Home Phone Anytime rose to £10.95 last May, and then to £11.25 when we made the VAT changes in December 2010).
The reason it doesn't show updated prices on the account change journey is that that product isn't available in account changes anymore, and hasn't been for some time.
Aside from that, there is a display problem in the account change email, but as you've shown the upgrade wizard showed the correct price.
wncfc
Grafter

Sorry - I did realise that I was paying more than £9.75 and was pleasantly surprised when I saw this appear in the wizard.  I guess £9.75 was the price when Anytime 240 disappeared and that is why it gave that price.  However, I would have thought something should be put into the wizard to prevent information like this being given because this just adds to the confusion caused by the email.
To be fair, the actual charges of £11.25 and £11.99 were what I was expecting.  I'd just got my hopes up that I was going to save a little. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

I'll see if we can get the Anytime component price updated, but I don't think it's a simple change (we did remove it altogether from account changes at one point, but that caused confusion for customers who had the product).
VileReynard
Hero

Any simple invoicing system should be able to generate appropriate emails.
The last time anybody saw fit to employ me, I spent a couple of weeks doing this - except it was computer generated faxes, in about 10 different languages.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."