cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biggest mistake of my life is PLUSNET

maciejstrapagie

Biggest mistake of my life is PLUSNET

As title  says, I made a biggest mistake o my life by choosing PlusNet. suppose to get  Max 76 Mbit fibre and getting 15 Mbit . On the beginning  i thought connection need to stabilize , and after a month  from installation my speed is decreasing instead of increasing. I  remember 1st day after installation i was getting 60 Mbit, fair enough i said its still better than copper cable and 12Mbit. But now ?? no comments , i cant even cancel my contract because its UP TO 76Mbit  so they can do whatever they want. I should have gone to Virgin when i could. Used to be a Happy Orange user but moved home and Orange was not available in the area. So i decided to change to PlusNet, lady on the phone was very nice when i placed my order she did  check line speed and told me that 76 Mbit fibre is available so i decided why not , lower price than BT  but .....  There is  BUT .... I haven`t checked Forum  before.It  does my headache when im getting DNS server rejections and i have to refresh my web page, Netflix?? hmm no chance, going to the cinema would be faster . Anyway I wouldn`t make that mistake again, thankfully is only 12 Months contract and i can opt out after that . 
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Biggest mistake of my life is PLUSNET

Hi there,
Sorry to hear of the issues. I've just looked over your account and my first suggestion would be to get in touch with our support team, unless we're made aware you're having issues there is very little we can do to help out.
I've checked your line and it's connecting at a pretty good speed:
Downstream Speed 68.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Are you connected via wireless or a wired connection? DNS server rejections are odd to be seeing, can you provide a copy of one of the error messages?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maciejstrapagie

Wireless or wired still the same, funny thing is that Green BT Fibre box is about 10 yards from the place where i live , and my neighbor is getting max speed  from BT.  I will  ring  PlusNet support monday morning . I can`t provide you DNS messages at the moment but i will  do screen shot when i get a  chance.
dick:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

support lines are manned 24/7 so there's no need to wait if you don't need to Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For information, data speeds are solely within the "gift" of BT Openreach, not PlusNet.  If the line is not running at the 'headline' speed, then that is down to the line length, quality or environment provided by BT Openreach.  Those are physical constraints over which PlusNet (nor any other ISP) has any control.
Cross talk between the local copper pairs can be a real killer of VDSL synch speed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.