cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Mistake.Big Headache.... Cannot Wait To Leave

deejaygee

Big Mistake.Big Headache.... Cannot Wait To Leave

Angry
Don't know what possessed me to move to Plusnet.
Was with Sky and it was getting a bit expensive.
Saw the ads on TV for Plusnet and thought it sounded good.
Unfortunately, the broadband is terrible and keeps dropping out (usually while in the middle of something important!!) despite me phoning on a few occasions to the broadband team, who in all fairness have always been helpful.
Last month, upon checking my bill, I saw something called "pro add on"  at £5.00 had been charged.
I have never asked for this and I feel conned . OK, it is only £5.00, but that is besides the point.
Anyway, I expected the £5.00 to be credited to my account, but it has not been.
Telephoned accounts to ask why and was told that I should have asked for the refund when I first complained.
Now, I am sorry, but if I am charged for something I do not want, I expect it to be refunded automatically and not just subject to me asking for it. Angry
I offered to pay this months bill minus the £5.00, but was told I have to pay the full bill and a refund will be given in a couple of weeks.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!
Tomorrow morning, I am on to cancellations and it will be Bye Bye Plusnet.
Angry Angry Angry
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Big Mistake.Big Headache.... Cannot Wait To Leave

It's unfortunate that occasionally you get an extremely unhelpful person dealing with your problem. I'm sure if you give them the chance, one of the Digital Care Team will look into this in the morning, and with a bit more detail provided to them in the manner they'll request, that the appropriate "feedback" will be given to the agent involved. I'm sure they'll also be able to sort out your refund situation a little quicker.
As for your connection dropping, there may well be a problem on your line, which for whatever reason, you weren't aware of with Sky.
James
Grafter

Hi,
To clarify - the refund isn't going to be issued in a couple of weeks, it was issued yesterday.  I appreciate that this may have not be explained as well as it could have been.
As the refund is issued by direct debit, it's likely to take about 5 working days. I'm afraid that there is nothing that we can do to speed this up.
deejaygee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I appreciate that it is being refunded but the point I was making was that I cannot see why it couldn't have been deducted from this bill.
It was for an extra that I did not ask for and therefore should have been credited straight away after i telephoned the first time.
Also, something I did not make clear in my original post.
Every time I have had to call customer services, the service has been fantastic.
Every person I have spoken to has been very polite.
It is just the product I am unhappy with.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
In some cases we can apply a credit to a future invoice but unfortunately you already have discounts applied against your account so this isn't possible in your case I'm afraid. Having said that though, this way the money should be back in your account before your next invoice will be taken. I understand what you're saying though, hope that helps explain.
harps1h
Grafter

A bit of nitpicking really. At the end of the day the net result is you got the £5 back, I really don't see how it matters whether it was put directly into your account or deducted off your next bill. If it means that much to you why not just leave that fiver in the account so you don't have worry about a bill reduction. Simples!
As for your connection, why not try posting more detail to help clarify the problem. That way you will actually get some help. It's ok to come here and have a good moan, we all may do it someday, but help us help you.