cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to raise a complaint

Coughandcath

Best way to raise a complaint

Hi , given the continuing lack of on line chat what is the best way to raise a complaint ? 

After many years with PN My mother was due to go into a carehome so I needed to cancel the service agreeing to keep the service live for the whole notice period . Luckily my mothers situation improved which meant she could return home . I rang in to cancel the cancellation before the end of the end of the cancellation period and PN agreed to cancel the cancellation so the line would remain live . 

However PN did cancel the line ! When I rang in to query I was told I would have to register as a new customer and agree an 18 month contract . This I had to do as the line was needed for her medical emergency call device . 

It now means I cannot cancel , should she need to permenantly go into  care , without paying a penalty due to the 18 month contract when it would only have been a single month if the cancelled cancellation was correctly actioned . 

I would like PN to treat me as an existing customer rather than a new one as I did contact them before the service was due to be cancelled . 

any thoughts or help welcome 

5 REPLIES 5
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Best way to raise a complaint

Welcome to the Forum @Coughandcath 

At the bottom of this webpage there is a link to "Complaints Code of Practice". Click there and follow one of the options (don't try to chat, that sevice has been shut down.)

You may, in any case, find that this thread is picked up by a PlusNet person and given an earlier reply. They are active in the Forum and tend to notice posts such as yours.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Coughandcath,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

I'm really sorry to hear about the erroneous closure of the account you & your mother held with us and I apologise for the frustration and stress this caused you both.

I've investigated both account's and have provided a more detailed response over a complaint support ticket for you here.

Thank you.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to Plusnet Feeedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Coughandcath

Hi Madeleine , thank you for sorting this out . The credit offered onto the account very generous . As you have placed a note on the account in regard to the cancellation arrangements the complaint can be considered closed .
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great to hear, I've updated the ongoing ticket for you - you can use the previous ticket link to visit it.