cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Deaf means that there is no way to contact PlusNet!?

bp707
Dabbler

Being Deaf means that there is no way to contact PlusNet!?

I'm disabled, housebound and deaf. I rely on my broadband for all my medical and social needs.

The signal is so poor that in the bedroom, which is the room next to the room with the router, the signal keeps losing connection!

I have sent two letters, in the last 4 months and never had a reply!

I need a reliable broadband connect. How do I get this fixed, or how do I cancel because the service I'm paying for is not fit for purpose?

How do I make a complaint?

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Being Deaf means that there is no way to contact PlusNet!?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

1. Every Plusnet web page has a link to the Complaints Code of Practice - see below
  2. Plusnet offers extensive support for customers with vulnerabilities and disabilities - see the accessibility link at the bottom of every page
  3. This forum space affords a nonverbal / non-auditory channel of communication
  4. Similarly support is also available via twitface

What additional assistive means do you seek?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tallowhand
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi bp707, I've sent you a ticket with some steps which should help with your wireless connection; you can view this ticket here.

Tony Hills
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Townman wrote:
  1. Every Plusnet web page has a link to the Complaints Code of Practice - see below
  2. Plusnet offers extensive support for customers with vulnerabilities and disabilities - see the accessibility link at the bottom of every page
  3. This forum space affords a nonverbal / non-auditory channel of communication
  4. Similarly support is also available via twitface

What additional assistive means do you seek?

Live Chat ?   so much easier to use...  and such a pity that PN thinks hearing and speech impaired disabled customers should jump through hoops, to get the same service as "normal" customers.

Live Chat was the equivalent service to a "live" telephone conversation, between the CS rep and the Customer. It provided the "one to one" contact that "normal" customers enjoy. 

The "option" of using that archaic NGT service, where the customer has to have his/her thoughts relayed through a non-technical third party, who can easily misunderstand what is being said, and heard on both sides of the conversation, adding to the difficulties already  existing in the customer`s life, creating further stress to them at a time when one to one contact would be more efficient in handling of the customer`s problem, and a quicker response to clearing the problem up.

As a point of interest... NGT is very difficult to set up and use, for LINUX users.. When I mentioned this to a Staff Member, his response was that PN do not support minority  users of minority operating systems... 

So... if you are DEAF...  have SPEECH IMPEDIMENT.. and a LINUX USER... you are a MINORITY USER and PN will not support you for that service ( the alternative to Live Chat - which did work with no problems on LINUX ) .

The other "options" listed are not really "that" helpful to resolving a problem in the same way a "normal" telephone conversation would do.

Twitter and Facebook.... Not everyone is comfortable using social media..(Not everyone wants to, or is, a user of either or both).  especially if there are medical problems which can be used against the user, for personal attack, or trolling. so , again... TWIT FACE (as you put it) is not really a good alternative... and certainly could not really be attributed to include PlusNet "Award winning customer service" ( as was )

This forum space, is a useful source of assistance... but it is mainly due to other customers giving helpful advice.. some of which could be questionable in content, accuracy, or effectiveness, compared to actually being in contact on a one to one basis, as on the "live" telephone customer service. Often, it can take a couple of days postings, and question/answers before a member of staff has actually been notified, and eventually, comes to the assistance of the origianal poster.  ( again... not exactly " Award winning customer service" - relying on customers to help out )

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

The majority of users are not lynx users so NGT is not the issue you have personally on your somewhat mature version of lynx. Your laminations are well known, we do not hear others decrying NGT as do you.

The chat service was far from the panacea you ascribe to it, which is why it has been demised.

Whatever, Plusnet are dealing with this matter direct with the OP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Townman  said......

The majority of users are not lynx users 

Which is probably true....and Plusnet does not support minority users.

so NGT is not the issue you have personally on your somewhat mature version of lynx.

Not sure what your agenda is with that line....because I was a minority user. it was of no consequence to PN that I could not get NGT to work on Linux  ( lynx is an aftershave by the way - also a wild animal, similar to a large cat) 

My post was not intended to be a "personal" one... however, it seems that you have made it seem that it was.

However..

The chat service was far from the panacea you ascribe to it, which is why it has been demised.

For Hearing, and Speech Impaired Disabled Customers... it was an EXCELLENT SERVICE... and those who used it will confirm that....  The customer service on LIVE CHAT was exactly how it should be... First Class. and losing it was a great loss to all users, not only the disabled one`s, and also a great loss to the image that PlusNet had been trying to portray in their advertising.  (Award winning customer service.... & .. we`ll do you proud...... but unfortunately ...it turned downards into   " That`ll do "... aka couldn`t care less)

I suspect that you never had the need to use it, hence your dismissal of the service as non-effective.  It was discontinued in a very underhand way... as you well know from my postings on the subject on other threads. It was not because the service was ineffective, or underused, it was a "bean counter`s" decision, in preparation of a future amalagamation.

As the original matter is now being dealt with by Plusnet.........

No further comment on this thread, is either applicable or necessary....