cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been waiting 7 days for a line, now its here its dead ?

MMiles

Been waiting 7 days for a line, now its here its dead ?

Signed up for Plus net about two weeks ago, even tho I should have gone with good old BT. We were moving house and out old talk talk
could not supply the service here so we shopped around for another provider = PlusNet. We was told we would have a line this Friday
after waiting for 10 days already without a phone line or internet. We get the green light today Smiley I called the number and it rings somewhere?
but not here the phone line is dead so we are still without a phone line or internet. I called Plusnet and the waiting time was 1 hour to report a fault
1 hour this is bad by anyone's time, yep as soon as I hear that I am already annoyed, so I called back to the new account department 30 seconds and I was talking to someone. Looks to me like they want to sell you the product really quick then after sales or if you have a fault your stuffed. I do not recommend using or switching to Plusnet do some research first. I have no idea if this fault was even reported to who it should have been, but if you guys read this I have not even had your service yet and it's bad from the word go.
10 REPLIES 10
MMiles

Re: Been waiting 7 days for a line, now its here its dead ?

Now I know we are on contact but take into account we have not even had a service from you yet, would it be possible to change to another provider now because
you are not supplying me a service after reading all the bad feedback from this forum I don't think I even want to deal with you guys.
I should have gone with BT as you offer zero help even if the phones are at fault how do you get away with this service, I am going to write into bbc watch dog in the next few hours to express my 4 hours dealing with your service, this is crazy I don't even have a connection with you and I dislike your service already.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MMiles,
I'm really sorry to hear this.
I can see that we have a Fault raised with our suppliers and they have advised that we would require an engineer out to be sent out to you. If you wish to go ahead with this then please confirm your availability next week for an engineers appointment so that we can get this booked in for you. The appointment slots are as follows:
AM: between 8AM and 1PM
PM: between 1PM and 6PM
Alternatively, if you wish to cancel then you would need to speak to our Customer Options team regarding this on 0800 432 0200 or if you're calling from a mobile then please call 0345 140 0200.
MMiles

OK when next week will they come ? the line was working with the other phone last night before you have taken it over ? why not get it right first time. How long will
I have to wait for this because if it is a long time CANCEL my service and I will go with another provider and get them to sort it. I have been calling you from 9am to now 12pm to sort
this out and I can not get though on the phones. Your service is unacceptable by any means.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you can provide your availability for next week we will try to book an engineer for then. I've had a look at this now and I can see availability on Tuesday for an engineers visit.
We do always strive to get it right the first time, however, when things go wrong we strive to rectify this issue for you as quickly as we can. I'm sorry about the long wait times you've experienced. If you can get back to me to confirm your availability I can get this booked for you.
MMiles

I am here right now waiting for connection anytime just give me a time sooner the better.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've submitted the request for the engineers appointment. I'll be able to confirm this in the next 2-3 hours. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
MMiles

OK I will await your update,
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just updated Ticket: 82435966 on your account. The engineers appointment is booked for 11/03/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. Our Faults team will continue to monitor this for you until this is resolved.
MMiles

Hey guess what, all working and OK now, great I am up with broadband and phone. The engineer said there was a problem at the exchange was working on it from 8.00am and
was here almost 2:30pm thank you for your help, you have another line to put in here soon this month so I hope that one goes ok.. Thank for your help Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear this has been resolved for you now! Thanks for letting us know and don't hesitate to give us a shout if we can help in the future! Smiley