cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been waiting 5 months for repair

flowerpot

Been waiting 5 months for repair

After reading forum complaints and doing a little research elsewhere on the internet I realise there is a big problem between Plusnet and its engineers ie Openreach.  This is a terrible situation when Openreach have the monopoly on the maintenance of the supply cables.  We are encouraged to change supplier to get a better deal but when anything goes wrong it's down to Openreach, who simply can't be bothered.
We've been waiting since the beginning of October when a car knocked down one of the telegraph poles that supplies our house.  The pole has not been reinstated and we have a temporary connection that has been very unreliable.  The cable is on the ground across a forest track and is often driven over.  We were given a couple of dates for the repair but nobody turned up.  Our internet  continually disconnects, the router lights flash all the time, it is very slow, and not good enough to access a lot of web content.  Very often our phone line is too crackly to hear anything.  Openreach say that because we have a connection we do not have priority.  That suggests they will never repair it.  We are not allowed to approach Openreach ourselves, and Plusnet is unable to persuade an engineer to come and even make the temporary repair more reliable.  To be fair, Plusnet has kept up very good communication with us but appears to have no influence over Openreach.
What a stalemate!
4 REPLIES 4
kuga
Grafter

Re: Been waiting 5 months for repair

After reading your post it makes my problem seem not so bad
I have a issue which has been going on for 5 months but at all times our phone and internet has worked
Also when I see people posting speed complaints when they are only getting 78mbs down instead of getting 80mbs it makes me very mad as I am only getting 2.8mbs
We both need openreach but you need them more than me
So I wish you good luck with getting your problem fixed 
flowerpot

2.8 Mbps?  I can only dream about speeds like that.  Our speed is 0.3 Mbps so your connection is 9x faster than ours.  Too slow to do most things on the internet.
kuga
Grafter

I think we should share out the download that is available so everyone has decent speeds of at least 5mbs
something we can only dream about
while others are still moaning this morning about only getting 40mbs
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to hear about this flowerpot.
I've just been reading through the notes about your issue, I can see that our complaints team are handling this now and I'm satisfied that we're doing all we can.
I hope things improve with this soon for you and that this doesn't become even more protracted.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team