cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been very happy with Plussnet until today

theaincient

Been very happy with Plussnet until today

Had Unlimited fiber for a while now, with no problems at all.
Now I'm Moving home and having both fiber and telephone at the new property, I was given a date for the engineers to visit of the 16th April
I was happy with that so I could have limited amount of down time as I often have to support customers via RDP and I would suffer little internet withdrawal 🙂
So arranged a day off work, scheduled things with my work colleagues.
I just got a text that the work is now provisionally scheduled for the 29th, it's 10 days late if it's an April fools joke, anyway it's not funny.
Anyway talked to support, I just prey they can get the original date back or I have serious problems.
Not sure if I shouldn't talk to other providers to see if they can get things installed faster than the 29th.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Been very happy with Plussnet until today

Hi theaincient.
Really sorry about this, I've just checked through the account and can't honestly see it noted anywhere about the 16th, we also keep records of emails we've sent you.
Please keep an eye on ticket 83162996 anyway as we'll do what we can to arrange something sooner but I just want to set an expectation at this stage that may not be possible I'm afraid as engineers lead times are based purely on their availability.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: theaincient
Not sure if I shouldn't talk to other providers to see if they can get things installed faster than the 29th.

Do you have Virgin Media cable available? If not you are going to be waiting on exactly the same engineering resource whoever you go to.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
theaincient

Well it's a good thing conversations are recorded.
Does the problem stem from the fact that you were originally going to install a second line because the original line was blocked, then the line became unblocked and someone decided to cancel the original order (it was for the 16th, I pulled our telephone recordings from work), the new order will be done on the 29th
If that is the case then it's down to the canceling of the original order.
theaincient

I need to provide out of hours support from home, I will not be able to do that between the 16th and the 29th, mobile and wifi are very unreliable so I don't know what to do,  a few days would be OK but not 13 days.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Does the problem stem from the fact that you were originally going to install a second line because the original line was blocked

That makes sense and could explain why I only see the order for the 29th and no mention of the 16th
If it isn't possible for us to bring the date sooner I'll at least make sure we arrange a gesture of goodwill for you from this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team