cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be carefull if you pay line rental in advance and take a new contract

Anon
Pro

Be carefull if you pay line rental in advance and take a new contract

Took out a new contract and they do not seem to be able to deal with an existing advance line rental payment, they have taken line rental from my monthly DD.

Sent it back, they had promised refunds that did not arrive when they took the DD, I am not paying twice and waiting to see if they do manage to refund the amount.

BE CAREFUL.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
10 REPLIES 10
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Be carefull if you pay line rental in advance and take a new contract

I thought that they'd sorted this out. What's happened before is that when they've mistakenly taken payment for a prepaid line, they've not refunded it but have extended the end date of the saver to compensate. As you've found it does pay to regularly check the DD amounts as the system does seem to need lots of manual input.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Anon
Pro

The real problem they have is that they give such late notice to the customer that if it is not correct, it is too late for PN to alter the DD. The usual time for this is 10 days from a decent reputable company, Pnet tries to do it in 3 make up your own mind.

Direct Debit Guarantee

• The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
  • If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Anon, Sorry that this has happened,.

I've taken a look at the account and hopefully it should all go OK from here, can you let me know if the refund that we've processed doesn't make it to your account?  or if you have any other issues getting this resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Anon,

Sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced with line rental saver and the erroneous line rental payment.

I'm taking ownership of this matter and have responded to the ticket on your account Here.

Unfortunately @JonoH went off of the notes on the account, but through further investigation I can't find any record of the refund the previous advisor said they had issued. I have passed feedback on to their manager regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Nice catch @HarryB

Sorry about that @Anon,

Turns out I'm too trusting and that I believed the notes on the account! oh the shame! Crazy3

Still with @HarryB taking personal ownership of the situation from now on I think things will go smoothly. Thumbs_Up

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Anon
Pro

Why do you think I have a thread on here entitled "Don't do what they promise"

NOT HOLDING MY BREATH AGAIN, THAT GUY PROMISED ME..............................

I run out of words to describe such a shower. Except that on my DD my bank pointed out it was from Pnet, and I said a suitable name they are full of it.

Anon
Pro

@JonoH wrote:

Nice catch @HarryB

Still with @HarryB taking personal ownership of the situation from now on I think things will go smoothly. Thumbs_Up

What a load of rubbish. It seems that everything that HarryB said was nonsense.

I CANNOT NOW GET INTO ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY ACCOUNT ONLY SAYS "PAYMENT DUE" SO CANNOT GIVE INFORMATION OR ASK edit to add that I have managed to add to my ticket.

I am not posting any more details on here and I am not wasting another 30 minutes waiting on the phone because Pnet are incompetent.

You know my number I am in for another 30 minutes.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Anon wrote:

What a load of rubbish. It seems that everything that HarryB said was nonsense.

I had said I would either refund the erroneous amount once the payment cleared, or credit the amount off the invoice should the payment fail, however as you've advised the refund has arrived (In smaller amounts against unrelated invoices, which is why I had not noticed these sooner) the actions I advised I would take are not required.

@Anon wrote:

I am not posting any more details on here and I am not wasting another 30 minutes waiting on the phone because Pnet are incompetent.

As the payment on your account has now failed, you'll be able to make a manual card payment online at www.plus.net/pay so there's no need to call us and wait on the phone.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anon
Pro

My thread was as a warning to people who take out a new contract and have paid Advance Line Rental to check to ensure that they are not being charged twice, as I was.

That still stands.

Anon
Pro

JonoH, you were right and HarryB had not read the notes carefully enough to get it right.