cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTOR what a joke!!!!, complete incompetence yet AGAIN !!!

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

BTOR what a joke!!!!, complete incompetence yet AGAIN !!!

Ticket 86151125
My phone and bb have been working fine since i had a fault fixed ( the fault last nearly 4 months, due to OP incompetence  , the problem faulty line from the pole )
The ONLY niggle i had as after a  couple of days  or so the snr would rise from 6 to 9 a reboot in the morning back at 6 .
I rang and asked if it could be pinned at 6 , told yes ,and see how it go's ( closed ticket 86021353)
Last Thursday on the ticket (86151125), i test was done and found a fault on the phone side of things, apparently dis in network .
So a ring up and told this usually means you have no dial tone, and there is a break in the connection .
This is on my ticket after the call
"Advised fault was located on the phone line however the customer has 100% fully functional phone line, no noise, is receiving calls in and out and has a dialing tone.
Customer originally inquired about fluctuating SNR margins. Advised this is potentially related and to allow this fault to run its course."
PN, i assume this crucial information above was not passed on to your suppliers ?
I advised everything was working perfect the only problem i had was the occasional snr rise .
This morning i find i have no dial tone, and obviously no bb.
On ringing i am told the engineer has cleared the above fault and al should be fine  ( one that  did not exist from my point of view )
Yet after the so called fault has been fixed i am left with no services!!!, This is a complete joke and utter incompetence
How can a competent engineer clear a job if with out checking your services are working , which they was (perfectly before he went to look at the so called fault)
PN when are my services going to be back up , i hope it is today, will this be expedited due to total incompetence ??, after the last fault the lasted nearly four months i have little patience .
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: BTOR what a joke!!!!, complete incompetence yet AGAIN !!!

Hi there,
Really sorry to see you're left with no broadband or dial tone. I'm getting our faults team to pick this up now and we'll update you asap.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Chris
I have not long  spoke to faults again ( waiting on a call back, as the agent is going to speak to OR ) , i see an engineer has been booked  "3/5/14 0800-1300" i assume this must be 03/06/14???
At the time the engineer cleared the so called fault, the exact same time lost sync and no DT. This is just sheer incompetence. Surely the check your services are working before they leave the exchange .
At the moment i am been asked to wait till Tuesday and have to take time off. This is not acceptable at all, they should be sending an engineer back  to the exchange today , at the latest tomorrow ,  to sort out the bodged job
Everything was working fine till the engineer went to the exchange
Very unhappy PN customer.
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
Glad to hear that you've been back in touch with the faults team and that they've managed to get you something booked in.
We're really sorry that this visit has resulted in a total loss of service and I would like to assure you that we're doing all we can to get this resolved as soon as possible. The appointment is indeed booked for the 03/06/14 and we have been checking on this to see if any cancelled appointments turn up for a earlier date.
While we can't promise anything, we will keep on top of this for you and see it through to resolution.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Update:
Nick from faults is  trying his best to get this sorted, once again your suppliers are at fault!!, there is no reasonable excuse why they have not corrected their own mistake !! , so far no one out today, my line and bb was working fine before one of their engineers went to the exchange.
Nick has had to battle to get it escalated ( from my last fault having a fault, escalated means nothing ) , seems they are not interested at all.  ISPs in general need to get a better handle on their suppliers, this instance is unacceptable.
Your suppliers need education on how to  give a good quality service, As they have given none is this case.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's not only BTO my son has just moved into a new build house in Australia and they have forgotten to lay a cable from a box 3m away to the house. Now they have to wait to find out how long it will take to install the cable.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Update:
Firstly the positives:
i am finally back online.
Nick from faults who has been handling this , has done a great job :)!!! (DC please pass on a massive thanks from me ) , he has kept me informed all they way, and as pushed your suppliers as much as possible to get this resolved. Their responses , have been non urgent and very lacklustre  
Not so positive:
When i finally got back online in April, after nearly four months with hardly a connection, my routing at the exchange was changed, this was documented on the ticket.
When BTOR went to the exchange on Thursdays morning,  saw the routing info they had, is different to the routing i have been on since April, which is the correct routing , decide to "pull the plug", when in fact it is their routing info that was wrong and was not updated from April.
So an admin error on their part, for not keeping their records updated,  caused my connection to be down for 4 and a half day. This was totally unacceptable and avoidable. 
In my view most ISPs are dictated to by their suppliers, if anything it should it should be the other way round.
I feel PN should raise this as a complaint with their suppliers.
Kind Regards
Mike

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Mike,
Glad to hear everything is back up and running and a massive thanks for taking the time to give us the feedback!
I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to Nick, it sounds like he's done a great job of getting this matter resolved and also keeping you in the loop.
On the matter of raising this as a complaint with our wholesale supplier, I'll look into this process and see what can be done on this front.