Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT voice text to my landline?

warbleeder
Grafter

BT voice text to my landline?

Today i got a voice text from BT 0800 587 5290
so i called plusnet to be pointed to BT got given 2 numbers first didnt work second one was 08544 and i couldnt talk to anyone one it because i dont have a BT account  Angry
so i called bt HO to be told im down on their marketing system.... now what confuses me is ive never had anything to do with BT (other than via plusnet)
never been on BT website never opted into their marketing... so do PN customers automatically get opted in to their marketing system? if so why was i not made aware when i changed address?
19 REPLIES 19
James
Grafter

Re: BT voice text to my landline?

Hi Warbleeder,
I'd recommend raising a complaint on bt.com
You should ask BT why you are on their marketing system in the first place.
warbleeder
Grafter

i tried to ask them but it dose not help when u get someone who can barley understand a word you say or barley speaks English....
James
Grafter

Follow their complaint procedure and raise one online.  I'm sure they'll be able to sort things out for you.
warbleeder
Grafter

well BT dont give a toss..... been waiting 3 days (4 days on 23rd) for a reply and nothing... not bad to say their website has a 24 hour reply time..
wouldn't these text be classed as harassment  as i have reported to plusnet on several occasions so maybe plusnet could/should do something as been my home phone provider?
BT have not taken the complain and im giving till Tuesday.... or i contact ofcom and peruse a harassment case 
BUT i do know ofcome will ask me if PN have done anything and if PN have not why not
so please let me know if plus net can A.S.A.P
itsme
Grafter

You're supposed to call 0800 587 5252 and use the automated menu to set the times you want to receive these messages, and you can select not to have them. But, for some reason, they started coming from 0800 587 5290 and I had to call BT on 0800 077 771 to get them to remove my number from their system.
warbleeder
Grafter

ive all ready had them stopped but I want to figure out how I was opted in for these
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi warbleeder,
BT's complaints procedure is your best course of action in dealing with this matter as Jameseh has suggested.  Can you confirm if you were provided with a reference number when you raised your complaint that you could use to chase this?  Have you tried BT's own customer support forum for advice?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd like to know the outcome of this as well.
warbleeder
Grafter

well seems im off to of-com as im getting nothing from bt and it has been over a week now
if i get a reply ill copy and post in here.... all i want to know is how i ended up on their marketing system
warbleeder
Grafter

p.s alex i made complain via email so i have proof of it been sent
James
Grafter

Email isn't part of their complaints procedure.
Go to www.bt.com and click on ‘Contact BT’. This way, you won’t have to write, print or post a letter to us, and
we can handle your complaint sooner.

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/CustomerComplaintsCode/Compl...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: warbleeder
p.s alex i made complain via email so i have proof of it been sent

You have proof that it left your PC, but unless you requested and have received back a delivery or read receipt you have no proof it arrived.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warbleeder
Grafter

did first one via website got email to say they received it ... anyways i sent another complain off today giving them till Tuesday the 2/10 to reply otherwise i take further
Your enquiry reference number: 120928-002043
warbleeder
Grafter

Discussion Thread
Response (Davanna Holmes) 28/09/2012 05:34 PM
Dear Mr Devonport
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your telephone service and realise how frustrating this can be.
I have to inform you that BT Retail does not hold any details regarding your account as your telephone service is registered with an alternative service provider and we would ask you to contact your provider directly in order for them to help you to resolve your problem. Also any calls made to BT are all freephone numbers and are not chargeable to yourself.
Your service provider will be happy to liaise with Openreach on your behalf and ensure that the problems you are encountering with marketing calls are resolved.
Yours sincerely Davanna Holmes
BITE ME u f***t.... who the hell is to blame between PN and BT... no one can ever get this right? and 0844 free? i dont think so i want the number for their ombusmen ... as it would be the same for PN please
and im contacting ofcom...