cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT fitting on Monday - but cant switch on until Thursday? What gives?

les37b
Grafter

BT fitting on Monday - but cant switch on until Thursday? What gives?

Hi
A referral I gave you (Check my account for details) is being activated by BT on Monday. I'm told an SMS has confirmed this is still the case. A further PM has been received, stating that tey cant use the modem until after Midnight on Wednesday. (ie Thursday)
Any reason for this?
Its not a big issue as such, but I cant get my head around why they cant start using it straight away. (I was hoping to go there on Monday and sort it all so they get their first ever internet access up and running!)
I assume the phone part will be done at a later date? You can sent them an SMS if its breaking DP for talking about this...... but certainly you can explain the activation / being able to use as a generic question.
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT fitting on Monday - but cant switch on until Thursday? What gives?

Any reason for this?

I can't think of any reason why that might be the case.
We're happy to look into this directly with them if you want to leave that with me.

PS Just a thought in case you have your dates mixed up. This might refer to emails our customers receive stating:
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.
The activation will complete by midnight on.......

With the date being 24 hours after the activation.
If it is that don't worry they will be activated on the day of install and not after. It's a known issue so apologies if that's caused any confusion.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

I will check with them Adam.
You may be right.... They are old!  Grin
les37b
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
PS Just a thought in case you have your dates mixed up. This might refer to emails our customers receive stating:
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.
The activation will complete by midnight on.......

With the date being 24 hours after the activation.
If it is that don't worry they will be activated on the day of install and not after. It's a known issue so apologies if that's caused any confusion.
Adam

Hi Adam, I checked the text they received. It did say you couldnt use the service until after midnight on the 23 April... ie Wednesday.

So caqn i tell them they can use their connection today?
(I saw that you raised a ticked for them..... which is nice, but pointless as they dont have an internet connect! (Keyboard not found... Press enter to continue!...)  Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It should be fine to use today, yes - if it's fibre then it'll be ready as soon as the engineer is done, if it's ADSL or ADSL2 and there's not an engineer coming then give us a nudge as we may need to manually activate the account. If they plug the router in and the ADSL light goes on then they should be able to connect, if they can't then we'd need to activate the account for them.