Did you mean: 

BT engineer didn't show

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT engineer didn't show

Hi there,
I've just updated your ticket with details of a new appointment.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: fastconnection
3. My wife is making a treacle pudding tomorrow (and yes we DO eat Yorkshire puddings as well)
Gotta look on the bright side....eh? what?

I really want treacle sponge now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
fastconnection
Grafter

This is now turning into a complete fiasco and patience is pretty much run out.  I was asked before making a new appointment (now the 3rd) which days i would not be in. I said that anytime in the week except for wednesday 30th morning. (that gives a lot of flexibility doesn't it?) Ok then a new appointment is given to me for Thursday 31/1/2013 between 8am and 1pm. Ok I thought. Well..guess what ..The Engineer turns up on the wednesday morning. Is this a wind-up/candid camera? whas it something I said?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Adam is picking this up and will be in-touch to review this.
fastconnection
Grafter

latest is i need to keep router on 24/7 so hopefully this well be ok?
I found out how to do this with the modem stats...mean anything to anyone?
fastconnection
Grafter

By the way..thanks adam for your patience and callbacks..... Smiley
fastconnection
Grafter

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 11:55:21
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 15.130
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 15,05 / 52,07
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,8 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 16,2 / 30,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 28,7 / 5,5
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 27 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 4 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 718 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1.015
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 4.998
ianmarrey

Glad this thread is here to tell my tale of woe. First up, the folk I have spoke to at plusnet have been fine - they make sure that there is plenty of information to play with,
Another engineer no show, seems I'm not alone - and no snow to blame this time. Reasons beyond the control of the engineer are often unavoidable and can be forgiven but after waiting in all afternoon, when I phone plusnet I was told that the engineer had spoken to me and I had told them that it wasn't convenient for them to do the install so apparently I booked a new date.
That's the sort of conversation I would hope to remember.
To make it worse, BT Openreach or BT Wholesale (whichever it is) backed up the engineer's report. As a mere user, I am not allowed to contact these people directly to let them know what I think of their engineer. Probably a good thing in hindsight.
I checked the "what happens on the day of installation" FAQ on the plusnet website and it says that a typical install takes 3-4 hours and as I had a visit window of between 1pm and 6pm I figure that an engineer can only do 2 maybe 3 installations in any one window. Before visiting the property the engineer should do some work at the exchange and the green cabinet - going by this, before talking to me the engineer's actions should be able to be tracked by the preparation work they have done at the exchange or the cabinet. Before calling me a liar, BT had better have ensured that the engineer was where they were supposed to be doing what they were supposed to do before coming to my house and having an imaginary conversation with me.
As this was a switch from another provider, my broadband is disconnected leaving me without internet. plusnet tell me that they can't expedite an earlier visit from another engineer - and reading some of the threads on here does not fill me with confidence that the next visit will be guaranteed.
What makes this worse is that if they had been honest, I would have been disappointed, perhaps frustrated - but to be the subject of a bare faced lie just isn't acceptable.
18th February before an engineer will visit  Angry

kuga
Grafter

But you can complain here is the link
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback.do?contactReason=complain_rude_unsavoury_behavio...
mind you it might be a bit risky it could make matters worse
but then if everyone who was unhappy did maybe things would change
PoorService

Glad this thread is here to tell my tale of woe.

At least I am not alone! Hence my user name ... I have been trying since early December to get connected with no luck and some very strange stories being told about non existent (at least to my knowledge) appointments etc. I too am now scheduled for some time around the end of Feb.
But you can complain here is the link

But complaints made via the issue system should be fed into this system automatically, shouldn't they? Why is everything down to the end user to chase, progress and do, and why is no real urgency shown in resolving these problems until we "go public" in this sort of forum - all we want is a service, which we don't get , and seem to wind up caught in the middle of the BT - Plusnet relationship.
Does anyone know of another way to get a phone etc. installed ....
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ianmarrey,
Sorry to see that you've had a missed engineer appointment, I can see that we have tried to escalate this with our suppliers which was unsuccessful and we've arranged a convenient although a more timely date for you.
We've received your letter and we'll act upon that and if we can anyhow get your install date sooner will do our best.
Chris
ianmarrey

My problem is not with plus net who can't be held accountable for the actions of another company (albeit part of the same group) - but I am not happy to be called a liar by someone who hasn't even spoken to me!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I completely appreciate that and like I mentioned we'll do our best to get this resolved for you.
fastconnection
Grafter

Well as advised I'm now keeping the Modem on 24/7 and have discovered how to get into router stats. No sign of any improvement in 36hours? Will it only show after 10 days? The router disconnected by itself this evening for a few minutes. Will this start off the whole process again? heres hoping.......
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you are lucky and you haven't lost sync and your Downstream (DS) connection speed (Bandwidth down) is still 15,130kbps you should have a BT IP profile for the line of 13.3Mbps. If not, post your latest stats and the other information I've explained in your "Help needed" thread  Wink