cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT do it again (or rather,don't bother to do it)

Grff
Grafter

BT do it again (or rather,don't bother to do it)

My girlfriend  over house a few months ago, and decided to get rid of her mobile dongle and get broadband instead, so naturally I recommended PlusNet to her.
She registered with PlusNet, and as she didn't have a line to her new house, arranged with PlusNet to get the line installed.
An appointment was made for a BT monkey this morning, 8am - 1pm, and surprise surprise, by 3pm, no BT engineer.  When it was queried with PlusNet they checked it out and found BT "didn't have capacity" to do her job apparently.
It would have been nice to be told the day before so she could go to work.
So, a day off wasted waiting for a non existent engineer. She now has another appointment for next hThursday, so lets see if they turn up for that.
There was a humerous side though, when PlusNet sent her a text saying that if she had to rearrange the appointment next Thursday, "she'd" be charged £50.  Grin
Maybe she should bill BT for a days work instead, I know who'd end up paying the most.
How do BT get away with this. You pay to have a line installed, and If the customer misses an appointment don't they get charged? Yet BT can pick and choose which "appointments" they attend with no recourse. Then tell a customer they can't change the next appointment or they get charged for that too. Not even any gesture of good will to the customer, just a oh well, have another appointment.
With all the threads on here and other forums about BT not turning up, they seem to be a law unto themselves.
Not a very good start. I know it's BT, but they're representing and carrying out work at the request of the ISP.
9 REPLIES 9
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: BT do it again (or rather,don't bother to do it)

It's a recurring theme around ISP forums sadly Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's a not uncommon failing.  
I suggest you add your "thoughts and suggestions" to this thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,109930.msg941771.html#msg941771
And by the way, the contract is with PlusNet not BT so don't accept them "passing the buck" if they try....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If she has to take a second day's holiday she can claim compensation. Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
It would not be unusual for a Saturday appointment to be made in such a case.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Griff,
Sorry to hear of the missed appointment, since the <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1357147935.htm">MBORC</a>(means beyond our reasonable control) was declared, we have seen instances of this unfortunately, and engineers have been prioritised to fixing areas with faults over provisioning. It still doesn't help the matter that someone waited in all day though!
Feel free to provide me with the username and I'll can check on that for you.
Chris
Grff
Grafter

Hi Chris,
She has another appointment for this Thursday, but feel free to check anything you can think of.
Her username is Karenb7.
Cheers
Griff
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Griff,
Looks like it's booked in for next Thursday, 17th? I hope that's alright, please let us know if not and we'll rearrange for you.
Grff
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
Am I right in thinking broadband isn't activated on the same day, but rather a few days after, as she's not received any hardware yet.
I'm also assuming that she won't be billed for any broadband she hasn't got yet?
Thanks
Griff
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Griff,
It's usually the day after, but if she's not able to connect due to the router not having arrived then we'll take that into account - and either refund (if the account activates before she gets the router) or make sure the account isn't activated until everything's all good. The router should  be on its way, really sorry that wasn't ordered in time - it should be there if not tomorrow then for Saturday.
Hope that helps.
Grff
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Matt.
The Engineer arrived about 9.30 yesterday, and added the line, which seems to be working fine.
I'll no doubt get a shout from my girlfriend to go install the router for her when it arrives.
Regards
Griff