Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport free for 'BT' customers

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Sport free for 'BT' customers

I believe BT Sport will be carried over the BT Wholesale 'TV Connect' product, so it will be multicast to minimise network impact...
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

Quote from: coldingham
...BT Sport... it makes sense to offer Plusnet customers a discount to access the channels on the Sky platform
...subscriber numbers are key to success or failure
Costs to do this would be minimal, would save churn from Plusnet to BT, and would capture Plusnet customers who wouldn't subscribe to the sports channels at full price
No brainer!

Exactly.
The only reasons I can think of not to offer it only via Sky are:-

• Administrative: it will be more difficult and therefore costlier than we imagine     

• Technical: It just can't be done, or the changes need to be made are too costly   

• Legal: BT are bound by law not to offer their services to PlusNet (I'm thinking monopolies, etc.)   

• Legal: BT's contract with The Premier League forbids it. I'd imagine TV rights are pretty locked down.     

It's killing me as I'd love to hear/see Danny Baker and Danny Kelly back together again live, rather than have to hunt around for a download.
o2refugee
Grafter

As has been stated by others in this thread BT subscribers are stuck with  a BT owned and controlled box to provide their broadband and media services and customers have no control over this. I would like the possiblity to access BT Sport by my own router or tv etc, but like many other Plusnet users, the main reason I came here was because they are one of the few companies who provide a broadband service where I can control how I access it with no interference from the network supplier. I can do without BT sport. I will not go to a supplier like BT who controls how I access the network even though Plusnet's infrastructure is still BT's.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hmmm
I see that BT Sport is now available from PN  Smiley
https://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#btSport
BUT only via a SKY box!
Can ask for clarification whether one has to be a SKY subscriber or whether BT Sport can be activated on a SKY Free to View card?
Richard
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Are there any plans to allow customers to watch this online (like BT customers can) if you do not have a SKY box?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

More information here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/#btSport
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for the link jelv, that answered my question , the answer been no
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Am I being very stupid ....or do PN's prices undercut the parent cos. prices by a lot??? As far as I can see BT charge £12 pm and £15 activation to add to Sky platform -PN only £5.99 pm and can't find activation fee?Huh
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

No they don't, those chargers are if you do not have BT broadband, if you do BT Sport is free.
Regards
Mike

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Sorry -I meant BT's ordinary price to add to Sky platform if you don't have their b/band (knew it was "free" with BT B/band)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

You need broadband with PN in order to get BT Sport, you can not buy it on its own like you can from BT
Regards
Mike

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Looks like as SKY subscription is NOT required.  Grin
See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43272/~/how-to-get-bt-sport-with-bt
I already have a 28.2 dish installed with a quad LNB (for satellite radio) so all I need is used SKY box off ebay and a Freesat form SKY card
http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/
Then pay PN £5.99 per month..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not much to say at the moment guys, the website has been updated, yes but at the moment we're testing BT Sport over Sky and hope to make further announcements later in the year.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mallory
Dabbler

Hopefully we'll be able to sign up soon
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris
t at the moment we're testing BT Sport over Sky

Presumably you're not so much testing the channel as testing your backend billing system and link into the Sky entitlement system?