cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport - Activation period mis-information

makemdano
Grafter

BT Sport - Activation period mis-information

Applied for BT sport activation on line on Saturday morning, after browsing the FAQs re activation period......
"If you already have a viewing card, we'll process your order for BT Sport within 48 hours but if you need a new card it'll take a week. So we can ensure you have BT Sport when you want it please don't call us just before a game you want to watch!"
Although I entered a SKY viewing card number (previously enabled for BT Sport) the web page that resulted advised that PlusNet would be ordering a new card! I understand this is an error in the logic of the dispalying program and customer services confirmed the card is not being ordered
Checked this morning and no BT Sport so rang CS  it is who advised that 48 "business" hours. Hmm, not what the FAQs say, if I had known this I could have ordered on Friday!
I am hoping that the card is enabled in time for Tuesday's Premier League football or I've wasted my time!
Perhaps the FAQ could be amended to show "business" hours
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BT Sport - Activation period mis-information

A question
What are business hours
6 working days at 8 hours or 2 working days at 24 hours or something else
What are working days considering that Plusnet is a 7 day a week company
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@makem - Do you mind having a go with it now? There's some college basketball on ESPN which might be worth a watch.
Jim - Good question. Five working days (excl. Bank Holidays) has always been a week here. There's never been any justification for this though other than that this is sometimes what we get told over the phone with Openreach when chasing delays.
In the above circumstance, we were just allowing ourselves some time to place the order for BT Sport as manual input is required.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
makemdano
Grafter

Thanks Matty, working fine. I can now put the usual jinx on my team by watching them on tele Roll_eyes