Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtester

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: BT Speedtester

Liberty taken of asking elsewhere Shocked will post any well informed reply.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well I think I have been moved onto ADSL2+ Today and now that BT Speedtest does not work for me either?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

worked OK for me. but as usual the reported download is way down with WiFi to what I get on Ethernet or WiFi MyBroadband test
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: linux
Quote from: Bob
I've emailed the developers to try and find out what's going on...

Is there any update on this?

I've not heard anything. Will ping them again...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well I have tried It a couple times now and Its not working for me, See my reply on page one yesterday, It worked for me then, Was getting moved over to ADSL2+ but I thought It was tomorrow afternoon, Seems to of taken place today according to what my routers syncing at and I was briefly dis-connected from my exchange a little over an hour ago, This Indicates my moving over to ADSL2+ Has taken place and since then I cant run that test any more.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Right, the folks at BT have been in touch now.
The Java error should be no more, and the spelling of the word 'Fiber' has also been corrected Smiley
If anybody has any persistent problems that they think need raising, then post a reasonably detailed description of the problem here and I'll see what I can do.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

It might be worth noting that if you are unfortunate enough to need to run the extra speed test after changing your login user name to speedtester@speedtest_domain, the instructions given refer to changing the user name for a PPPoE connection rather than going in to a router interface and changing the user details there.
amcclean
Rising Star

I have been unable to run the bt test for weeks. it halts at the checking details stage.  4 pcs each with 4 browsers on each all fail at the same point.
Is it working or not on adsl2
podman
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi podman, It wasn't working for me yesterday but now It does and I'm on ADSL2+.
chandu
Rising Star

Hi Guys,
Doing the BT ADSL test I got this message apart from the download (1380) & upload (380) speeds: "Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 1500 k".  What does it mean?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi chandu,
That's your Plusnet Profile, Basically that's your line speed down.
Edit, See here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed  ( You will need to be logged In )
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Actually it's the BT IP Profile, not Plusnets. Plusnet set their own which is normally the same but it may be different i.e for 21CN/ADSL2+ Plusnet use a 21mb profile and for FTTC they use a 20mb profile. The Plusnet profile is found under the high speed broadband icon under connection settings menu on your the member centre page.
chandu
Rising Star

Thank you guys (Steve M & Peter Vaughan) for the clarification.  I feel much better for the knowledge I have acquired in this group.  I am sure you helpful guys will expand my knowledge in the future when I need any explanations  ;).  Thanks very much.
Tony321
Dabbler

The speed tester allows a second level of diagnostics after the first run shows a performance lower than the BT lower limit.
Unfortunately it requires the WAN connection to be reconfigured with a new logon and a BLANK password.
My router (Netgear DG632) does not allow blank passwords so the second level diagnostics can  never be run! Shame! This must be simple to fix by in sisting on a simple password which woulkd allow any router to be re-configured.
People should be aware that these results are logged for access both by BT and the Service Supplier - PlusNet in this case, so regular tests are useful to report issues with the line.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If your router won't allow blank passwords to be used, just using 'password' in lower case without quotes should be fine.