Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Major Service Outages - Phone outage Southampton

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

BT Major Service Outages - Phone outage Southampton

Whilst this page http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php covers BT ADSL Notices, where are Phone Outages posted? I see nothing on the Plusnet site, and finding such information seems to mean searching other suppliers sites  Roll_eyes
When BTw/BTOR have a phone outage that also affects broadband, why are they not posting you a separate Broadband notice as well?
An example of this not happening was -
Sat 06/07/2013 at 21:43 Telephone problem in the Southampton area Dialling codes affected: 02380
We've fixed the problem in the Southampton area. If your broadband was also down and your connection has not come back on, try restarting your modem or router.  Sun 07/07/2013 at 04:58

There was no equivalent listing for Broadband, and clearly Plusnet customers were affected Shocked
This seems extremely sloppy on BT's part.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Major Service Outages - Phone outage Southampton

Hi Anotherone,
Widespread phone outages aren't common as far as I'm aware and we'd only usually post about outages that affect a large proportion of our customer base and I don't believe this particular one did.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

For the Southampton exchange to have a fault as posted by BT for 6 hrs or so, to say that you wouldn't post about such a thing unless a "large proportion of your customer base was affected" is really very poor. What do Plusnet want, the whole of the South of England out?
If BT can post about it, then so should Plusnet, or do you only have one customer in Southampton?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

What do Plusnet want, the whole of the South of England out?

Definitely not, we're doing exactly what we're able to in terms of service status posts.
The Southampton outage isn't of the scale we'd typically post about, it's for that reason only that we didn't. I'm sure in future we'll look to broaden that focus where ever we can though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team