cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds

Karenlangridge

BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds

This is a warning to all of you struggling with getting decent speeds from plusnet.
I have today had an engineer here because my broadband disappeared. Depsite plusnet telling me I have  speeds of 7Mbps-the website check says this right now- my speed has been locked on a fixed 1mbps circuit since I signed up with plusnet. This is depsite hours and hours on the phone trying to sort out the many many issues I have had with them, escalation of my complaint to the CEO's office and many hours of frustration including being told my speed was fine when all along THEY had the service locked. When I tried to talk to someone,again,about this I was told it was not the case-open reach just did a speed check!
Be warned-they blatantly LIE to customers about broadband speed-I have the proof.
2 REPLIES 2
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds

Is the issue resolved?  If not, then could you post the speed shown on your account (  https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed )
Also your router statistics for the line itself - that will depend on what type of router you have - but that will show what your connection to the exchange is capable of.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: BEWARE-plusnet lie about broadband speeds

Investigating. Will update thread shortly.

Yes, it looks like you are on a fixed rate product. Let me assure you, that you weren't intentionally put on this product. It was an error on the provision. What's frustrating is how this wasn't spotted, though I'll update your ticket correspondence shortly.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet