cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Award winning broadband - YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH

killie89
Dabbler

Award winning broadband - YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH

I have had Plusnet broadband for two month now (well actually I have no service at the moment) and it has been one disaster after another, I wish I had never heard of this company. Two weeks ago I reported a fault with my broadband as it was very slow sometimes as low as 200bps and my DSL connection would also reset quite frequently, which is not good when you are playing on Xbox live. I was told to plug the router into the master socket so that checks could be done on my line. After that things were not really any better as the low speed and disconnections continued. After ten days I lost DSL connecton totally and for the past five days I have had no service at all. I have contacted Plusnet who tell me that the fault has been escalated to BT wholesale and that it will be 72 hours before they get any feedback, I have asked if they can hurry things up but they can't. Later today my 72 hours will be up (it's actually 96 hours but for the first 24 hours Plusnet were looking at the fault before passing it on to BT, I can't figure out why it took 24 hours to escalate this) but I do not think I will get any other news than just "there is still a fault, we are looking into it"
If I had a problem with my phone BT would not take over five days to fix a totally dead line in my opinion. My problem of course is that if I leave Plusnet within my 12 month contract I have to pay £80.00 even although I am not getting the service I am paying for (well actually due to the continual problems I have had I'm not having to pay for the first four months).
So I am now in a position where I have reported a fault two weeks ago and instead of fixing it the fault is actually worse, and my only option is to wait!
In my opinion the service for Plusnet is very poor and they keep hiding behind the small print, which basically says they can charge you £11.49 a month but you are not guaranteed a service!
I am expecting a phone call from Plusnet at 2:30pm today with an update, I will post the outcome later. (well when I can get onto a borrowed PC)
8 REPLIES 8
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Award winning broadband - YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH

I appreciate that it's not really the answer but you can get a freephone number from Plusnet and use dial-up connection - I did this when I had a fault about a year ago. It did mean that I could, albeit slowly, run checks on what was happening.
Edit due to brain spasm in quoting ISP I left 3 years ago
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You can get the same from PlusNet - Just ask.
killie89
Dabbler

Can it get any worse? you bet it can!
When I phoned for an update at 5:00pm today (74 hours after escalation) I am now being told that weekends do not count as part of the 72 hours! Even although when I phoned on Saturday I was told that by 2:30pm on the Sunday I would have an update. I now need to wait until Tuesday afternoon for an update.
I just do not believe a word that Plusnet are telling me now.
I have now decided to cancel, but would you believe it you can only get a MAC code Monday - Friday and when I asked to speak to a supervisor to complain about the whole affair I was told that somebody would ring me back toight. but alas yet another broken Plusnet promise as the phone stays silent.
Plusnet staff are free to reply but please, no lies, no comments about how sorry you are and don't even mention that under the terms and conditions ........
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

killie89,
It certainly sounds like we could have done much better in setting a realistic expectation with you here and being clearer in our updates to you. To cut a long story short we don't wish to keep you waiting any longer for an update and some positive movement on this. With that in mind please bear with me and I'll deal with this right now.
I will need to contact our suppliers by phone so I will update this thread and your ticket as soon as I have done so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, so far BT Wholesale's diagnostics along with our own have not been able to identify any faults so far. With this in mind you now have the option of a BT Wholesale engineer coming to test the line from your premises. We would recommend this to allow the fault to progress.
I've updated your support ticket with the specifics about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johnthebass

I have had a ticket open for nearly four weeks now. The ownership has been passed to most departments and I have even been conned into buying a new Plusnet router ( made no difference). Has anyone any advice on how I can  get an internet service again?
My inputs to the fault log get no response. I have not received a text message in 2 weeks and the engineer visit did not happen as promised.
I am at a loss. I need the name of the Chairman of the Plus Net company in order to advise him of the very poor service and process that exists. The people are helpful but it is hard to get a result. I know that the problem is with the BT line but getting it fixed is not proving very easy!
mikko
Grafter

The CEO's name is Anthony Vollmer. Very helpful earlier this year:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82952.msg683437.html#msg683437
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

killie89,
I can see that your connection has restabilised considerably as you've been online for over 38 hours now so we are monitoring at the moment to see if this lasts.
Could you run another speed test for us so we can see how things are performing for you at the moment please? Also do let us know as per my previous post if you want to go ahead with the engineer visit anyway.
@ johnthebass a member of our faults team is looking after your ticket, I'm going to go and have a chat with them to get this actioned ASAP. So please bear with me and I'll make sure we come back to you with an update.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team