cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As Plusnet Webmail is so manifestly unfit for purpose can I arbitrarily cancel my contract early?

Scooterman999
Rising Star

As Plusnet Webmail is so manifestly unfit for purpose can I arbitrarily cancel my contract early?

Like others I am totally sick to death of PN emails taking an eternity to load, transfer, forward or delete etc etc.

Also, like others have experienced, my email connection terminates for no apparent reason, emails listed are `not available on the server', emails deleted mysteriously re-appear, and so on.

I am utterly disillusioned with the service and shall firstly write a formal letter of complaint to the Customer Service Manager asking for an early release (without penalty) from my contract. Depending on the response I may well contact  `Which?' magazine to acquaint them with how badly their previously much-lauded provider is serving its customers. 

After that, who knows? 

9 REPLIES 9
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: As Plusnet Webmail is so manifestly unfit for purpose can I arbitrarily cancel my contract early

Why don't you use Outlook or Firefox or some other client?
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Scooterman999
Rising Star

Re: As Plusnet Webmail is so manifestly unfit for purpose can I arbitrarily cancel my contract early

Thanks for your reply.  I'm afraid I'm totally untechnical and although I've heard of Outlook and Firefox I wouldn't have a clue as to how to install or use them.  More to the point - why should I?  I want the service promised at the outset when I thought Talktalk was pretty diabolical, but now I regret changing.

PeterLoftus
Pro

A few months back PN stopped providing email for new customers but I think it was reinstated by popular demand. Gmail or yahoo might fit your purposes with the added benefit thar if you leave Plusnet there's no issue of telling all your contacts to change your email address
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Scooterman999
Rising Star

Thanks..........I will investigate Gmail.  I am so untechnical that I assumed you had to change email addresses, which is a chore to notify everybody.  Having said that I think I want to change, simply to disassociate myself from any kind of endorsement of PN.  I am still going to try and create a stir with the `powers that be' as I feel so utterly cheated of anything approaching a basic functioning service.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just to clarify, we would not look to waive early termination fees based on webmail running slow as this is a value added service on top of the broadband we provide.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Scooterman999
Rising Star

Thanks for getting back to my main query.  I frankly didn't expect anything else from a company that now cares so little for certain aspects of its service. 

delta777
Grafter

Personally I've never like using the email system provided by any ISP as they can just be a rebranded version of Yahoo or gmail. For that reason I have my own domain name and email provided by 1and1. I think it costs about £21 per year which is peanuts and their system has been reliable with no problems that I recall over a period of several years for which I have been a customer. In any case I would only use webmail as an emergency if I was using someonelse's PC. On my own PCs I use Mozilla Thunderbird which is free and it is very good, allowing multiple email address to be set up.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Thanks very much for your suggestions.  I will check out 1and1 and Mozilla Thunderbird.  It's worth a bit of effort to effect an improvement on the present grossly sub-standard PN system.  Cheers!

PeterLoftus
Pro

I've got my own domain, my Plusnet email and G-mail and Yahoo accounts. I must remember to move my usage away from Plusnet to the others when my contract is up so I am free to change ISPs

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra