cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are domestic customers being short-changed?

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Are domestic customers being short-changed?

I only ask because from 3mbps I am now down to well below 1mbps download yet my next door neighbour on a business package is as happy as Larry on 5mbps.
What is going on? He seems to think Plusnet night be treating us as being of no consequence being a 'domestic' customer and that our speed might have been "throttled down" to use his expression. All in all it's a real pain not being able to live stream videos or watch BBC iplayer for example with it hanging up.
Re my other post on this situation, still no outgoing line on my phone, number three engineer due to call next Wednesday.  Undecided 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Are domestic customers being short-changed?

The most likely explanation is, as you know, that there is a fault on your phone line that needs fixing by a telephone engineer. Once that has been done the broadband speed problem might instantly disappear.
If it doesn't it will then need to be looked at by a broadband engineer.
David
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

As above and on your other thread, get your phone provider to fix the phone line fault, and your broadband speeds will increase.
regretplusnet
Dabbler

Your post suggests that your download speed has been falling "from 3 Mbps".  If such is the case, then PN has lowered your priority, rather than the cause being a fault on your line.
I'm experiencing the same problem.  Ultimately, PN will pay a heavy price, as I won't accept being short-changed.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Quote from: regret18months
Your post suggests that your download speed has been falling "from 3 Mbps".  If such is the case, then PN has lowered your priority, rather than the cause being a fault on your line.

sorry, but that is totally wrong, in this case the OP has a phone line fault, the provider is not PN, and his provider has yet to sort the fault, until that is done, PN will be unable to help. Alas one of the drawbacks of not using the same supplier for phone and broadband, its very easy for them to point the finger elsewhere, and if you don't understand how telecoms work, easy to be confused!
x47c
Grafter

As has already been explained on this and other threads you have a VOICE fault on your line.
and yes (sigh) a sub 1Mbps download is indeed the right ball-park for a single line dis fault  - the mechanics of which I described on your other thread.
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Mustrum
Well using the same provider for both phone and internet is not helping. Both are provided by plusnet yet they are still pointing the finger at each other because British Telecom is they tell me nothing to do with Open Reach. Seems you cannot win either way.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Minivanman
I've replied to your other thread.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.